Guineas are very Vocal.....

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by Valley quail breeder, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Valley quail breeder

Valley quail breeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2010
    Greensboro, NC
    First time raising guineas there are great!!! .... [​IMG] Here's a video of some I hatched out this year...

2. X2Farm

X2Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    Aren't they tho!!!

Mine have seen fit to wander over by my bedroom window in the mornings, and be my alarm clock!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] They see the goats wandering, and it sets them off, and they go to HOLLERINNNNNNNNNNNNN like holy terrors [​IMG] [​IMG]

Their personalities and oddities make up for it though [​IMG]

I would give anythin to hear that nice double tone female sound!!! I traded two, thinking I had one more.... nope! Seems all I got now are boys [​IMG]

3. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    One of our nieghbors several acres away has guineas and every evening thier start up and then ours start up when they are settling in thier coop for the night.

4. pattypenny

pattypenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2007
    Mine went to the neighbors, they have two small dogs in a pen at their back door. My guineas got up in a wild cherry tree next to the old couples back door and screamed bloody murder at their dogs. I was ashamed to show my face. That was when I locked them into the pen. I hope to turn them out in the spring and maybe they will chase bugs down in the pasture. If not I may have to sell them. I have 14 and when they start screaming they are louder than a pentecostal revival.

5. PatS

PatS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Northern Califonia
    So are Guineas noisier than turkeys? Mine chirp and yelp and bark and always want love and attention. The boy gobbles, but I think the females are much noisier than he is.

6. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Yeppers ,they is some loud mouths and ya don't get a day off from guinea sounds [​IMG]

Dh and i have gotten real good at lip reading outside [​IMG]

I have never had turkeys so i don't know if they are louder or not.
    [​IMG]

7. Muscovies

Muscovies Chillin' With My Peeps

I had some guineas and they where great but I had to sell them

8. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    I'm lucky I have understanding neighbors. My guineas like to sit on their roof and screech all day long.

9. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    I only have three guineas myself, but you'd think the circus is in town or something with all the noise they make! [​IMG] Those birds crack me up, though. They're such bizarre creatures! I love mine and think they're entertaining as can be, but I'm not getting any more once my three pass away someday.

10. twister

twister Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Mississippi
    Mine went to the neighbors, they have two small dogs in a pen at their back door. My guineas got up in a wild cherry tree next to the old couples back door and screamed bloody murder at their dogs. I was ashamed to show my face. That was when I locked them into the pen. I hope to turn them out in the spring and maybe they will chase bugs down in the pasture. If not I may have to sell them. I have 14 and when they start screaming they are louder than a pentecostal revival.

seriously? will they not stay in your area and free range within your perimeters? for example, my chickens stay very close to our coop and barn..they have never ventured to our neighbors.... if guineas like to "visit" then i am not sure I want to get some....​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by