1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Guinea's final count down! UPDATE! Total 28

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MTtroutwithwings, Jul 27, 2008.

1. MTtroutwithwings

MTtroutwithwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2007
    Montana Country
    Here we go again! [​IMG] Today is day 25 for the first 21 eggs I received, I'll be moving them to the hatcher bator this afternoon! [​IMG]
    The second set of 14 will be removed from the turner in the original bator and left in that one to hatch on Tues! Two sets with two hatching dates, this is definitely going to be nerve racking! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  2. penelope77

penelope77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    good luck. i'm on day 22 with my guinea eggs and one has moving around like crazy. six more long days to go. let us know how things are going.

3. MTtroutwithwings

Jul 10, 2007
    Montana Country
    Good luck to you too, penelope!

4. kellim

kellim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    Aww, yay! Good luck to you both!My guinea keets hatched out a week ago and then 3 days ago I had another hatch out, then my broody hen hatched out 2 eggs for me with Keets in them! They are soooo cute! Congratulations to you both on your upcoming hatches!

5. MTtroutwithwings

Jul 10, 2007
    Montana Country
    Quote:WOW, Kellim! You've got your hands full just like me! I have 7- 7 week old keets now, 21 in the hatcher asof today(day 25) and 14 more that are on day 22!
    Not to mention all the chickens listed on my signature. Small potatoes to most of the big wigs on BYC but considering I only wanted a few chickens for our personal egg supply, now look what I've done! [​IMG] I moved from the big city a couple of years ago and look what's happen to me! [​IMG]
    I love it! [​IMG]

6. kellim

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    LOL I completely understand! We went from having just 4 chickens and 3 ducks and a goose to just this year having 2 Silver Sebrights (who are now laying after being moved from another breeder and I am dying to put some eggs in the bator) 2 Partridge Silkies, 4 Jersey Giants (all but 1 are Roos!) a RIR roo, a Buff Orpington rooster, a male duck to go with our 3 girls (oh and one in the bator due Aug. 1) a Buff Orpington Hen who just hatched off 3 babies 3 days ago, a Dominique Rooster and barnyard mix hen, a Barred Rock Hen, then there are my little girls a buff brahma, 2 RIR, 2 more Barred Rock and that is it for now! Oh I forgot to mention our 4 full grown Guineas, and then the 5 total keets that hatched out (2 bator 2 momma hen and then 1 that somehow a guinea managed to hatch but didn't have time to raise!) and how can I forget the 2- 2 weeks old BO/Dominique mix chicks that are in the brooder with our 3 week old Dominique!!! I am thinking what started out as a hobby has become an obsession!!! The baby keets are sooo cute though. One of ours had spradle leg and we had to brace it but after two days the brace came off and it is running right beside it's siblings!

7. MTtroutwithwings

Jul 10, 2007
    Montana Country
    And were off!!!!! Two pips as of this morning!!!! [​IMG]

8. kellim

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    [​IMG] Come on babies!!!! I can't wait to see pics!!!!!

9. MTtroutwithwings

Jul 10, 2007
    Montana Country
    Well no further action at this time. However I just sold off 4 of my 7 current keets. 3 buffs & 1 white. We're keeping the other three, 1 pearl, 1 lavender & 1 coral blue. Will probably keep some more with the next hatch before selling the rest too. I'm looking for a pied to keep. [​IMG]
    This next hatch should have some! [​IMG]

10. penelope77

penelope77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    oh good, i'm so excited for you. i'm down to seven guinea eggs. [​IMG] while i was gone doing goat stuff yesterday my hubby and son were outside working and dogs were inside eating eggs!!!!:mad: i found a guinea egg in my bed lastnight, it was cold but i put it back in the bator. the dogs also ate all but one of my chicken eggs. :mad: i think i have about four days left on my guinea eggs. can't wait to see yours.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by