Guineas hatching! Advice?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 9farmgirl9, May 5, 2011.

1. 9farmgirl9

9farmgirl9 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Jasper, Mo
    I have 78 guineas getting ready to hatch right now 3 are peeping and you can see inside the shell. ones been in there for a day so far and no prgress but one will probably hatch tonight or in the morning when im at school. the other has a ways to go too any advice. i have a RIR chick pullet that i will put them in with shes only 3 days old.

2. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    Just don't open the incubator!! I am awaiting to see if some of my guinea eggs are viable as well!! Good luck! [​IMG]

3. aussieheelr

aussieheelr Chillin' With My Peeps

don't open the bator and share pictures when they're done!!!

4. lutz123

lutz123 Chillin' With My Peeps

I can't wait to see all those guinea babies! Are all 78 showing movement? I have 2-4 viable guinea eggs (2 with definite movement) due to hatch early next week too!

That poor RIR! [​IMG] I picked up 5 one day old keets and a 3 day old ameraucana this week and the poor chick was so bewildered at all of the guinea activity! All she wanted to do was sleep and they were constantly darting all over. She's adjusting better now, though she still usually sleeps by herself. I should have picked up 2 chicks. I saw her dart across the brooder like a guinea this morning. Yikes!

5. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Yes do not open the incubator. I just had 17 hatch. 1st time. And make sure you post lots of pictures. Yes they are alot more active than chicks. And feisteir too.

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  6. 9farmgirl9

May 1, 2011
    Jasper, Mo
    So far one has hatched [​IMG] , and they are pretty much all fertile except for 4 or 5 i cant remember but the last i candled they were all moving. but that was wen i first put them in lockdown. Flashlight doesnt work anymore so im not sure, and the #1's are suppose to hatch saturday. and so on till 12. i couldnt collect eggs cause of rain sometimes, but still i hope they hatch.

It's my first time but i want to improve alot.[​IMG]

I don't think the one that has hatced will make it because it keeps opening its mouth and acting like its gaging [​IMG] but i hope it does [​IMG] or ill be very upset [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  7. 9farmgirl9

May 1, 2011
    Jasper, Mo
    The one that has hatched is breathing funny and has bowed in legs what do i do

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by