Guineas in North Alabama?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by Hoover67, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Hoover67

Hoover67 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Huntsville
    Does anyone happen to have guineas in North Alabama? I know nothing about them and would like to find someone locally. It seems as if guineas would be a perfect match for me and the kids!!!
    Michele

2. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Where are you at in N. AL?

3. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

I am in NE MS in Tupelo. I have a bunch of guinea keets or I would sell a couple of grown ones.

4. Hoover67

May 31, 2008
    Huntsville
    Bisqit&Gravy :

Where are you at in N. AL?

Just outside the Huntsville City limits.​

5. GPN

GPN Got Pheasants? Nessia

Aug 6, 2008
    Snead, Alabama
    Wondering if you found the Guineas you wanted? I have a grown pair I would like to sell! I am in Blount County so just South of you, Would have to pick up, I think! Let me know! Thanks Vanessia

6. SportTees

SportTees Chillin' With My Peeps

YOUR CLOSE TO ME. I'M ABOUT 45 MIN EAST OF HUNTSVILLE. WHAT ARE YOU WANTING?

7. Hoover67

May 31, 2008
    Huntsville
    I was looking for a few guineas. I am a little concerned about the noise level now. I live in a neighborhood. I have a large garden (120' x 60') that has a 20' high privacy net around most of it. There is 40 feet that only has a 4-5' high net/fence. I would love to have them on bug patrol![​IMG]

8. SportTees

Guineas are very noisy even when they are small. If you had a few acres the noise probably wouldn't bother anyone. Ducks are decent for bug control and the males are not noisy at all.

9. Hoover67

May 31, 2008
    Huntsville
    I only have .8 of an acre but I do have all back yards butting up to the back yard. Ducks..... Hmmm. They sure are cute when they are young. I just do not want them to fly away!

10. SportTees

Guineas can fly too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by