Guineas in Oregon?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Charlene1234, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Charlene1234

Charlene1234 Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2008
    Where can you get Guineas? I would really like to have 1/2 dozen around here even though they supposedly make lots of noise (but that's what I want to kinda be "watch birds" when someone drives up) and eat LOTS of bugs?? Is this correct? I'm in Springfield, Oregon. Is there anyone near Springfield, Oregon raising these interesting birds?? Gas prices are keeping me close to home lately.

2. MTtroutwithwings

MTtroutwithwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2007
    Montana Country
    Hi Charlene,
    Wish I could help you out! I'm Canyon Creek MT which is 25 miles NW of Helena in NW part of MT. I'm not sure where Springfield is located. I have 7 keets now that are 6 weeks old, two of them we're keeping, the other 5 I think are sold (I'm not getting my calls returned to the folks who committed to taking them [​IMG]) and I currently I have 35 eggs in the bator now due to hatch in the next 10 days or so. They're a mix of different colors. I will be wanting to sell them too but to your point we're not close to each other. If I can help out, let me know, if not, I understand. [​IMG]

Lori

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by