1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Guineas in SW MO

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chicks rule, Apr 24, 2007.

1. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Hi, I am looking for anyone in the SW MO area who has or knows of anyone who has guineas for sale. Thanks

2. dumblond

dumblond Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2007
    Joplin, Missouri
    Atwoods in Webb City(Joplin) has chicks that they order from Ideal. Where are you located?

3. chicks rule

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Yep, I frequent Atwoods quite often, lol but, they don't have guineas anymore, when they did have them I didn't realize I was going to get this addicted to the birds. Orscheln in Neosho may have them starting in May, so I will have to hurry up and wait [​IMG]

Thanks for replying, and I am south of Joplin about 30 miles near Pineville.

4. dumblond

dumblond Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2007
    Joplin, Missouri
    I'm there at least twice a week. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you. I've been thinking of getting a couple myself, as I've already seen ticks :mad:

5. chicks rule

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    I'm usually there on Sundays, after breakfast at Granny Shaffer's, lol I had one guinea up until today, she flew the coop, I tried to get her back with no luck. She picked a bad day to take off seeing as how we are having storms.

6. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    if you want guienies to stay on your place.you have to raise them from babies.so they will know that is their home.grown guienies will not stay.they will leave an try to go back to where they was raised.you might try penning them 3 or 4 months an they turn them out.

7. chicks rule

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Thanks Wynedot55, I have had her since she was probably 6 weeks old, so guess maybe I will have to get keets or hatch some eggs, lol I am just having no luck with keeping guineas. I have had her since early last fall.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  8. chicks rule

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    [​IMG] "SHE'S BACK" [​IMG]

9. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    chicks rule, I just saw an ad for keets today at this site. I think they are in Webster County, maybe Ava? Not sure but take a look. Plus, the Fordland Small Swap Meet is the last Sat. of each month. Right off of hwy. 60, watch for signs. Hope this helps you. so glad your guinea came back. I started with four and lost two as I didn't keep them shut up long enough. But two came back and stay in the yard now. Happy for you it came back. [​IMG]
    Well, duh, I forgot to put the link in for the keets, sorry.
    http://www.getgoin.net/classifieds/classifieds.cgi they are listed under pets.

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  10. chicks rule

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Thanks Ozark Hen, I sent an email to the lady, we'll see what happens. I found a guy in Jay, OK who has all colors, just been waiting patiently. My flock expanded to 24 somehow???? And I thought I might ought to hold off on the guineas for now,LOL I recently aquired 6 Barred Rocks, 2 Silver Hamburg, 2 Americauna's and 2 Buff orphingtons and 2 Gold Laced Wyandotte's. I lost one of my Brown Leghorn's just today,[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by