Guineas on the Roof!

swampducks

Overrun With Guineas
11 Years
Feb 29, 2008
Barton City, MI
My 2 month old guineas and one of the 4 month old ones have discovered the roof of my house. I am at my computer which is in my loft right under the peak and it sounds like a herd of elephants running back and forth and generally causing all kinds of noise and chaos. Every so often I hear them running down to the eaves and jumping off onto the deck railings, then they fly back up and do it all over again.

I sure hope asphalt shingles can stand the strain!
hmm.png

(edited title)

Last edited:
Quote:
I already heard the pitter patter (or more like the frantic scrabbling) of little feet as they left the roof and tried to hang on for dear life on the way down. One tried to grab the molding around the loft window.

Good thing this is a ranch house and not a 3 decker!

I have wondered about my shingles as well. My muscovies catch bugs in and around the shingles a lot now. They have started flying up there pretty often and sometimes sleep on the roof. When I first heard them I thought I had mice in the walls. The noise was creepy, them walking around and pecking all over the roof!

My Eastern Wild Turkeys were so good about sleeping in the pen. Then one got hit by a car crossing the road. I splinted his broken leg. A few night later soething got under the wire and killed him. After that they slept on the roof. It was ridiculous. 14 turkeys perched on the roof all in a row watching you....lol

Back
Top Bottom