Guineas organs falling out!!!!!??!?!?

CDennis

Songster
10 Years
Apr 1, 2009
Idaho
I am not sure I just saw what I saw, one of my guineas was in the barn and below her was what appeared to be her intestines and possible organs falling out. She is going to be a nightmare to catch, even worse to keep calm. Can I help at all? Or does she need to be put down.

you need to catch her and make sure that is the problem....if so culling would be best. they are so flighty they are hard to treat. i just had to put one down that had a prolasp problem. hope that is not what is going on.
hugs.gif

I caught her, she was laying in the barn, but you know guineas even w/ her organs hanging out she tried to run and hide from me, got her feet tangled in them and there was lot of blood. Due to the extent of the prolapse, I had to put her down. Very said, I two pairs, this was lolo, her mate crash is beyond himself calling to her. So very sad and not like its that easy to buy him another female! I have never seen something like that before, and i will be just fine if I never see it again. Thanks for the input.

I have seen this a couple times before in my guineas. I don't think there was anything you could have done. I posted about it this spring and got not much response. I don't think it happes very often or not many people have seen it before. I had it happen 2 times this spring within 2 weeks! I should have bought a lottery ticket. Mine were free range also and I thought maybe they had been attacked during the night and got away from their attacker.

We had this happen to guinea hen last year and the other guineas were chasing her and pulling them out further. Not a pleasant site. We caught her and put here down. I don't think it is as uncommon as most would think.

Back
Top Bottom