Guineas verses Coyote.

Standard Hen

Songster
12 Years
May 17, 2007
Massachusetts
I love my three Guineas, and now I love them even more. My daughter saw a coyote out near the horse paddocks, she had heard the Guineas screaming and looked out the window. MOM,,,the coyote is down near the barn!!! Broad morning daylight mind you. ( I am off work for a month with a medical problem so normally I would not even be here.)

I run outside, nightgown flying ready to do battle. There go my three Guineas chasing and screaming that coyote right out of the paddock for me. He/she kept on looking over their shoulder like ALRIGHT,,,,I AM LEAVING.

I love my three Guineas.
love.gif

Makes me feel better about my 5 guinea chicks. They are absolute spazoids!! I go in the run to change bedding, feed and water the chicks, and the 12 chickens come running and the guineas flip out like I'm there to kill them.
roll.png

Ohhhhhh They were nutso when I had them penned when I first got them. I would go in there like you to clean, water and feed and they would fly right into the pen, I was afraid they would break their necks. Plus they were almost 1 year old so they were taken out of their familiar element and were double nutso.
I guess no matter what that is the way Guineas will always be.
They are much better now that they free range during the day and I think they are like the first back into the coops for the night.
I think I will call them==THE STATE TROOPERS:lau

Geese are excellent watchdogs too. I had a male and female a few years back but the only problem was they never shut up. If I was out back and someone was with me you could not even hear yourself talk. It was the male, he could be very nasty when protecting his woman especially when she had eggs. Many a time I had to grab him by the throat when he came after me when I would try to pet her, she was sweet. Now I know others that have them and they are not like that and I had my two since they were little babies. But they were excellent watchdogs and I ended up giving them to a woman for just that purpose who lived alone and had geese in the past. I do not know how they would have done with coyotes as I never had a predator problem until I got my chickens.

I didn't get to see it but son said a fox came out of the woods and the guinneas started (12 of them), and the fox just turned and ran away. My kids call them the car alarms, but if they are making noise that usually means something is up, mind you sometimes it is a plane flying overhead, but the alarm goes off because it shouldnt be there as far as they know.

I love my three Guineas, and now I love them even more. My daughter saw a coyote out near the horse paddocks, she had heard the Guineas There go my three Guineas chasing and screaming that coyote right out of the paddock for me. He/she kept on looking over their shoulder like ALRIGHT,,,,I AM LEAVING.

I love my three Guineas.
love.gif
You have really answered a very important topic for me. We have a dreadful coyote population here, looking to purchase guineas. and I am glad I found this thread on the search. This is great news and bring on the guineas!

Back
Top Bottom