1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Guitar Hero..AHHHH!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chicktasticvt, Apr 5, 2008.

1. chicktasticvt

chicktasticvt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Bennington, VT
    Ok so I bought my hubby Guitar hero for his b-day, then he bought our son Guitar hero for easter, I was fine withall of this, but now they have taken over the tv and the computer with this game, the worst part is I have all those songs stuck in my had all day and night [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Cassandra

Cassandra Ranger Rick

Oct 27, 2007
    Southwest Mississippi
    Oh, chick. I really feel for you. My husband got it a while back. (maybe around last october) I promise you, he DID eventually get tired of it. It took a while. And a few weekends of having our family or friends over to play with him. (c'mon, grow up already!) But once he beat the game on "Hard" he finally got to where he plays it much less.

Now he wants Rock Band. :-/

Cassandra

3. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    i wont buy it.Only reason is they have 3 real Guitars they hardly play.The boys (hubby to)dont need any more new toys.

4. Cassandra

Cassandra Ranger Rick

Oct 27, 2007
    Southwest Mississippi
    Quote:AHHHH! My husband is a real life bass player. Right now he's rehearsing for a church musical. So I can't say the same for him. Well, it's true that he doesn't need any more toys--but I can't stop him from spending his own mad money on silly junk like that if he wants to. LOL

What I don't get is, last November my sister's husband got it. And they all liked it so much that she bought two more for Christmas (one each for her teenage son and daughter.) I can not fathom how people need three play stations and three copies of one game in one house.

(Then she will complain that she doesn't have enough money for so and so. Forgive me if I'm not too quick to sympathize.)

Granted my two sons are too far apart in age to share toys (18 and 4). Am I behind the times? Does everyone do that these days. It seems absurd to me. But I have always been such a mean mom. LOL

Cassandra

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

(Then she will complain that she doesn't have enough money for so and so. Forgive me if I'm not too quick to sympathize.)

I know people like that... I feel the same way, so don't feel bad. If you're in thousands of debt, please don't keep buying 5 dollar coffee's, spend a 100 on your hair a month, buy a huge entertainment appliances and 100's of movies.

Granted my two sons are too far apart in age to share toys (18 and 4). Am I behind the times? Does everyone do that these days. It seems absurd to me. But I have always been such a mean mom. LOL

No idea, but I'm not that much older than your oldest... but I don't know anyone with more than one of the same toy's, unless it's an extra controller.​

6. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Guitar Hero is my drug. [​IMG]

7. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] My husband has this game.... he did eventually lose some interest in it, but the time up until then was bothersome [​IMG] But, he would rather play on his real equipment...... which unfortunately for me is 100 times louder and right next to my laundry area. Runs me out all the time!

8. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    My friend got Rock Band, which is pretty much the same but it had Drums and Microphone as well. I must say, its pretty addicting!

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Again, me out of the loop. Never heard of it. What can I say? I shun society, LOL.

10. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    Its ok but it gets a little annoying when little kids start thinking their "punk" because they heard "Anarchy for the U.K." on Guitar Hero. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by