1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gulf of Mexico

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by piecemaker, Jul 27, 2011.

1. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    has a tropical storm forming. wow come this way [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    You mean Tropical Storm Don. Computer models show it going south of you. Unfortunately it looks like it will miss us too. If you get a chance, could you send it our way please? We need the rain.

Have you been through a Tropical Storm before? Your biggest risk from this one is a lot of rain. You can get small tornadoes and they are nothing to laugh at, but it is really unlikely you are going to be a target. As far inland as you are, the winds from this one should not be too bad, especially as it will probably miss you anyway. But it is wise to pay attention to the weather forecasts and if they advise it, take precautions.

3. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    Quote:Heard it is is going towards Mexico.
    Yes been thru trop. storms and huricanns. Right now would take the wind to get the rain. We have a 30 year old pond that went dry for the first time and a spring fed one that is getting lower by the day.
    I will send the storm your way after we get done with it. Being the bad child and not wanting to share sorry [​IMG]

4. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    This year, as dry as it is here, I'll gladly take your leftovers. I know others have it bad but we're starting to hurt too. What a summer!

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Looks like Don isn't going to really power up, but be ready just in case. Currently, it's headed between Galveston and Brownsville, at least the valley will be happy!

Wish I could share some of this rain around, we just had 2 solid days. The jungle steam is a bit much now! Mosquitos are getting deadly. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by