Gulf Seafood: Who Decides How Safe Is Safe?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by redhen, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I figure they'll be sold til they start coming out of the water with 2 heads, extra legs and claws in the wrong place....

I have no faith in the whole system sometimes...

2. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    I'm not too worried about it really. Especially if farmed at the Mississippi coast.. From what I've heard by the news, Mississippi isn't getting any of the oil, it's all drifting to Louisiana and Alabama. The prayer chains they had on the Mississippi coast beach after the spill must of worked.

-Daniel

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I have no faith either...
    And i'm a big fan of seafood... in the summer i eat seafood several times a week.. [​IMG]
    Did you see the picture of the duckie all covered in oil?? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I know this sounds shallow...but I dont look at those pictures cause it makes me ill. I am one of those ostriches with thier heads in the sand [​IMG]

I plan to 'watch' where my my seafood comes from. We catch most of it ourselves with the exception of shrimp.

I just hate what this has done to businesses, families, the environment and on and on... so sad.

5. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Same folks that decided BP was doing everything safely... comforting isn't it.

One more reason in my Someday Plans I'm considering aquaponics with fish (if I could get Basa or Trout) OR shrimp.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by