Gump Bread Pizza Rolls...Added Pics

BettyR

Songster
12 Years
Mar 1, 2008
Texas Gulf Coast
I made the a recipe of the Gump bread.

Lightly caramelized 1 onion and 1 bell pepper and cooked my mushrooms.

Roll both loaves out like regular and take a 6 ounce can of tomato paste and coat each loaf with half the can.

Sprinkle with garlic salt and Italian seasoning...Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese...place pepperoni slices, onions, peppers and mushrooms.

Roll as for regular loaf...score to allow steam to escape...rise 30 minutes and bake at 350° for about 45 minutes. Remove from oven allow to cool 15 minutes and eat!!

YUM!!!

Last edited:
yummy
big_smile.png

omg that looks goood!!!!!

you said (Roll both loaves out like regular and take a 6 ounce can of tomato paste ) are the loaves home made or from the store if so what kind???

Quote:
Thanks...

Quote:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=120918

I added another cup of flour to get a stiffer dough....it's easier to work with that way.

Gump Bread

2 cups warm (almost hot) water
4 tsp. yeast
1 Tbsp. sugar
-Combine together and let rise for 5 minutes

1/4 cup oil
5 cups bread flour
2 tsp. salt
-Add to yeast mixture and knead until smooth and elastic. (I use my KitchenAid mixer w/ the dough hook to do this. If you have a mixer with a dough hook, it makes this process MUCH easier!)

Cover and let rise for 20-25 minutes. Beat dough down and make into loaves (this recipe makes 2 loaves). Here's the trick to get your bread to come out right. You need to roll out the bread into a rectangle, then roll up into a loaf, like you would when making cinnamon rolls. Lightly slice top of bread to get diagonal cut look when baked. (refer to pic) Let loaves rise (I put my loaves on separate cookie sheets) for 20-25 minutes. Bake on 350* for 20-25 minutes, until top of loaves are golden brown. Let bread cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing.

Back
Top Bottom