Gun, and God banning?MY soap box..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alleyoops25

Songster
12 Years
May 14, 2007
Colorado
As I have posted in the link of whats in your car, you all know that I carry a gun, well guns. We hunt, we shoot for sport and we teach our kids about gun safty. I grew up in a home with guns, so did my husband. But the other night on the news I heard some thing about trying to make hand guns illegal. this really bothers me. It violates the amedment of the right to bare arms. I dont feel that this is a good thing. It bothers me just as much as erasing GOd from everything in our government. I feel that if they start bannign guns then we as citizens loose a lot in the way of protection, and hunting. If they decide that hand guns are illegal it wont be long before rifles will become illegal to own to. I know there are gangs and criminals out there that shoot people. BUt its not the gun killing the person its the criminal. Removing guns doesnt make us more protected from murders. A base ball bat can do the same. I think that instead of banning the hand guns, And all guns from law abidding citzens. There should be more classes offered to teach people to respect and show people the damage it can do. Hitler took all guns from the people, and then once they had no way to protect them selves they were marched right to torture and death. I believe the our country is going to be faces some serious problems in the next ten years. I am a Christian, and it sickens me to see Obama running for persident.
Hillary is scary enough. But I dont feel that Obama will do any good for America. The man refuses to put his hand on his heart and say the pledge of Allegance, What would happen if he got into the white house? I fear so much between the governmet passing bills to ban our guns, and we are facing the fact that there isnt mch hope for our country with the next bunch of canditates running for office. I am not trying to ruffle anyone feathers, or start a arguement. But it seems our country is falling farther and farther down into a pit of darkness. Yes our country was built on Christian beliefs. And Our constiution was carefully put together by studies of the ancient greek and roman Democracies. None of our four fathers would argee with the lot of this mess that is going on. Anyway I will get off my soap box. I have had this on my mind for the last few weeks, and it has really bothered me. Again I dont mean to upset or offend anyone. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. And feel free to add your own thoughts and opinions. It's still a free country.

Amen and Amen!!! I almost threw up the other day in Borders Bookstore when I saw a magazine with Obama and Hillary NAKED on the cover and Guiliani leaning over Hillary and biting her ear!!!!!! What has this country come to. Makes me sick.

Yep, and it's time we all woke up and did something about it. You should check out and see if you have an Appleseed shoot locally coming up in 2008. www.appleseedinfo.org

They not only teach you how to shoot your rifles well, but they teach you your American history. History of the Revolutionary war and the sacrifices our founding Fathers made for us. It about waking people up. You should drag everybody you know out to one. It's not expensive, and you won't regret it.

Personally, I think it's time for change in our government. I've been mad about several things in our government during the past several years. I don't agree with making handguns illegal to own, but then again there are a lot of things I don't agree with.

Yes, I do agree that people who want to get their hands on guns for illegal purposes will get them anyways. I also think you are right, we need more education programs teaching people about gun safety. I don't think the problem lies so much with people owning guns and misusing them, but rather people who don't practice safety. How many times do we hear about children finding their parent's guns and having fatal accidents with them? My dad always had several guns in the house as I was growing up. He is a cop. Those guns were ALWAYS locked up safely. We were also taught not to touch them.

However, I do not agree that our country should only be run by christians. I grew up in a christian household, but I would be very cautious to consider myself one today. I think a non-christian in office would do our country a world of good. Just look at what these "morals" have done to stem cell research. How are they ever supposed to find cures for cancer, diabetes, parkinson's etc if they are not allowed to do research with aborted stem cells? THAT is what angers me.

BTW, "Under God" in the pledge was added recently. It was never in the original pledge of allegiance.

I think we need to revert back to the time when our founding fathers based our constitution on limited government involvement.
The whole problem now a days is too much government involvement in most issues and not enough in others.
The Government should be there to protect the citizens of this great country!
We should be allowed to bear arms as is allowed by the constitution, we should be allowed to worship God as we the individual pleases, and we should be allowed to protect our personal possessions without fear of being throwing in jail or sued for doing so.
On the other hand, the government should be responsible for regulating high gas prices, medical costs, and insurance!

Good Post.

A couple thoughts:

Bantychick I agree almost completely. Just be a little more careful of government
regulation in anything. Free markets are far from perfect but they work better then
other types of social engineering.

I'm a Christian but heavily believe in the seperation of church and state. Most worry
about various religous groups influencing our government. Think how bad it would
be if our government could influence our churches. Yikes...

Chickerdoodle, be careful of your premise. The politicians are using the stem cell
issue as another way to brainwash us. There are many treatments for diseases
that have come from MANY other sources including sources of stem cells. I'm not
saying we should or shouldn't use aborted stem cells. What I'm saying is the politicians
and media a DISTORTING THE FACTS because this is a hot issue.

Finally, be careful here people. We are violating the rules of backyardchickens.com
with this post. There seems to be a cycle of this repeating here and it never turns
out well. Threads get closed, feelings get hurt, and people get mad. Let's use
this as a site which brings us together, not apart.

Please forgive me if I sound politically correct.

Don

Quote:
It has to do with everything. They take our right to bear arms all other rights will systematically go away as well. Tyson foods does not want us to have our own chickens. Corporations like tyson foods vote with campain contributions. How long can defenseless citizens keep any right? How are unarmed citizens gonna be able to protect their flock? On edit, I do agree this thread may be too political so I will say no more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom