Gun legislation- anyone heard about this?

Livinzoo

Songster
13 Years
Mar 2, 2008
Statham, GA
I got and email and am very concerned about this. Does anyone have anymore info?

Here is the email:

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House.
This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.

We just learned yesterday about this on the Peter Boyles radio program.

Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under the radar.

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

•It is registered

•You are fingerprinted

•You supply a current Driver's License

•You supply your Social Security #

•You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing

•Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

•There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.

They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family - pass this along.

Peter Boyles is on this and having guests. Listen to him on KHOW 630 a.m. in the morning. He suggests the best way to fight this is to tell all your friends about it and "spring into action". Also he suggests we all join a pro-gun group like the Colorado Rifle Association, hunting associations, gun clubs and especially the NRA.

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.

If you take my gun, only the criminal will have one to use against me. HR 45 only makes me/us less safe. After working with convicts for 26 years I know this bill, if passed, would make them happy and in less danger from their victims.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45:

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill..xpd?bill=h111-45

Please.. copy and send this out to EVERYONE in the USA .

And we're surprised? Be hard to enforce for awhile, but I'm sure they will find a way.
hmm.png

Hmm... I believe people have the right to own guns. Here's the only benefits I can think of for this bill:
+would make it a lot easier to solve murders
+would make it harder for the 'wackos' to get guns, the one's your worried about coming after you while you don't have a gun.
+I'm personally envious of other countries where guns are hard to come by. Less murder, because suddenly you can just point at someone from far away and take them out. You'd have to use a knife or something.

Just throwing it out there for others to think about, so that this isn't completely one sided
tongue.png
But I still think this new gun law is over the top...

Once again...I say....are we really surprised? With prevalent attitudes such as the previous post?

I see a problem with it....a big problem! When all the law abiding citizens have registered their guns and they can all be neatly tracked in the system...and just as neatly confiscated by the government at any time....

Then the only people who will have any freedom to use, trade, sell, buy guns and ammo are the people who could care less about the law.....and we will be helpless against them~or the government!

Great plan! Wonderful!
clap.gif
Now we all feel soooooooo safe!
roll.png

Quote:
tis VERY true....does anyone REALLY think that all these guns used in illegal acts are LEGAL guns...that would be like DUH!...might as well leave a business card at the scene of the shooting...
hmm.png
its the criminals that will benifit from these laws...
hmm.png

I'm not saying I agree with this (we have too much Govt. interference as it is) but I believe that when I bought my SKS I had to do the fingerprint thing - maybe it was just the store I got it from. (it was a sporting goods store).

Every gun I've ever bought I had to do the drivers licence photocopy and they checked over the phone if I had any priors and such - only time I had a waiting period, though, was for the handgun.

I think they'll go after ammo before they really go after guns, though. It is easier for them to limit ammunition, or regulate ammo, than it is for them to limit or regulate the guns themselves.

That's one reason why it is so hard to find certain ammunition these days. A few states have already begun regulating ammunition, so people are buying it up and stockpiling it before it gets to their own state. The ammo you can find is two and three times what it used to cost to buy it.

they'll probably let you keep your guns - they'll just stop you from buying anything to load them with.

meri

From ESPN:

It" is H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009. This bill was introduced in the 111th Congress by U. S. Rep. Bobby Rush (D-IL) on Jan. 6, 2009. Failing to attract any co-sponsors, it was referred for consideration to the House Committee on the Judiciary, where it now rests awaiting further action.

It didn't get any co-sponsors. Which means it's one guy all by himself trying to get this going. Which means it doesn't have a snowballs chance in heck in passing.

Dems ain't gunna take the guns away, just like Republicans will never reverse Roe v. Wade. Both parties get too many votes on based on what "people think these parties support" on these issues, and most the people that vote on these issues vote only because of "that" issue, with little disregard for any other issues. Both these parties are all bark and no bite on both these issues.

Didnt I read someplace a statement "the right to keep and bear arms"?

That's just an old piece of paper now.....
sad.png

Now...let me see......as I gaze into my crystal ball....I predict..

A locked thread!
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom