Gut Busters for the Week of 1/4

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickensista, Jan 4, 2009.

1. chickensista

chickensista Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    CT
    Good morning! Nothing to report - just getting the thread going for today.

Coyote - what do you think of starting a new thread 1/wk instead of every day? We could still post daily, just easier to "chat".

I will check in later.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  2. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Yeah that may be a good idea. One post a week. Maybe all those people who said they were going to join us will get onboard.

So far so good today. 1 ham sammie and glass of milk. I think we are having black-eyed peas for dinner.

3. chickensista

Feb 23, 2008
    CT
    Well, we wont talk about lunch. But to make up for it I had raw broccoli for dinner with a lowfat dip and a glass of red wine. Oh, and 6 M&M's. [​IMG] Give me a break, I'm teaching my daughter about sharing. [​IMG]

I'll start a new thread on Sundays - OK? I think we are losing people by switching so much.

How is everyone else's Sunday night? School starts tomorrow!!! So will be able to get back on my workout routine. [​IMG]

4. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

maybe wee can add to the title "for the week of 1/4" so everyone can stay to the one thread.

Hey even weight watchers let you have a couple of little candies. You can eat everything just in moderation.

I go to the Endo doc tomorrow. Hopefully he will check all my levels and make sure that's nots what stopping me from loosing weight. I'm afraid I'm going to test diabetic. They were having problems keeping my sugar levels on even keel when I was in the hospital. I've been borderline for a few years now. Guess we will find out tomorrow.

5. chickensista

Feb 23, 2008
    CT
    Well, my daughter stayed home sick today. After 2 wks of vacation I was kinda ready for her to go back. I didn't start my work out schedule, so that starts tomorrow.
    Dinner: pasta with homemade sauce from my summer tomatoes. Mmmmm. And broccoli.
    Lunch: turkey sandwich, carrots, and humus
    Brkfst: eggs
    At some point in the day I had a bite of my daughter's choc. snowman. She wanted to share again. It would be rude to say no. [​IMG]

Coyote - how was the Dr.'s appt? Good news I hope. You have a few more obstacles than most of us to overcome. There is a history of diabetes in my family as well, so its a big reason I need to get myself back on track.

6. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

*screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeach comes to a sliding stop pant pant*

I have been running non-stop since 8 this am and I've got to run back out again. SHEESH!!

Doc ran all kinds of blood test will know something in about a week or so. This guy is awesome. If anyone needs a top endocrinolgist in the Charlotte, NC area, let me know. I've never had a doc who stays up on his field as much as this guy. I have to go buy a book tonight that he has recommended to me to help fight my cancer through a nutritional approach.

He did give me a glucose meter and wants me to start checking my sugar a few times a day. Between that and the test results he will decide what to do.

I didn't get breakfast today because I had to fast for my blood work. We ate a big lunch at TGI Fridays. BUT!! I did bring more than half of my entree home.I had 1/3 of the Fried Green Beans and 1/4 of the Sicilian Quesadilla (sp?). 1/2 bowl of French onion soup and 1/3 of my Breshetta Chicken Pasta.

We haven't gotten dinner yet.

7. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

UGH!!! I've done good all day! Then...................

Dinner [​IMG] My doc sent me off to get a book that I talked about in the previous post. Of course you know this bookstore is just across the road from my DH and my favorite resteraunt--Carabba's. I have Sicilian in my blood!!! I go insane for this food. All freshly made. Even the pasta!!

Does doing better than my husband earn me points??!! [​IMG]

They just got their sausage and lentel soup back on the menu after 3 months of it being gone. THought he was going to cry when we got there and they said they didn't have it. (come to find out it was being put back on the menu tomorrow and the cook had started a batch) They brought my husband 2 MONSTER size bowls!! [​IMG] That was just to start. We won't go into whatelse he had!!

I however contained myself! [​IMG] I had only 2 peices of the bruishetta (sp?) mushroom and basil and tomatoes and pesto. A lovely mediterainan salad. Tomatoes, fennel, onions, artichokes with a light vineagrette. Followed by Lobster Raviolli in a light cream sauce with even more tomatoes. Not to bad right?!! [​IMG]

Ok, not so bad until I have the Desert Rosa [​IMG] A light sponge cake with pineapple, strawberries, bananas, vanilla pudding and whipped cream.

I've blown my week. BUT!!! No more out to dinners until next month. We have already spent this months budget for them.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  8. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I'm proud of me!!!! [​IMG] I have actually stuck to my diet so far today.

Breakfast--2 scrambled eggs and a large glass of milk. Would have been a bit more but I was in a hurry to get out the door to another doc appt.

Lunch--Some grilled chicken tenders, side of green beans and small side of cole slaw.

Dinner--left over Breshetta Chicken Pasta from lunch yesterday. I'm going to split what is left with the DH. He's also got at bowl of that Sausage and lentel soup from Carraba's. They have him soooooooooooooooo spoiled!! [​IMG]

9. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, yeast bread roll

midmorning snack: chocolate frosted donut (oops)

Lunch: pepsi, another yeast bread roll

dinner: pulled pork bbq with a yeast roll, minestrone soup

10. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I'm going to join you guys since I need some support. [​IMG]

Breakfast - coffee & 1 oatmeal cookie

Lunch - bowl of homemade venison stew (venison, potatoes, and carrots)

Snack - 2 oatmeal cookies & milk (sigh [​IMG] )

I'm going to do good for dinner though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by