Gut Feelings -- YEP SHOULD OF LISTENED -- update with pics

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by herefordlovinglady, Aug 9, 2010.

1. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    When is the last time you had a gut feeling and trusted it.

edited for picture and story 8/13/10 -- ahh just realized it's friday the 13th....
    So yesterday morning I am on my way out to leave for work and I look over at the coon trap I have set up -- Thought empty quiet night -- my gut said I should close it up for the day...Never did and look what ended up in it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Poor thing I felt so sorry for her -- she wasn't in it long, my DSD rescued her. --

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  2. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Always. Im a very in tune with my feelings/surroundings kind of person. If Im "feeling" something, I listen.

3. Rachel's Hobby Hatchery

Rachel's Hobby Hatchery Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    North West Michagan
    IDK, I normally DONT listen to my gut feelings because they tell me somthing like "Buy that chicken NOW" even tho I ave no mmony, or need for it lol. EVERY time I have a sick or hurt animal I folow my instincts & almost always I am able to save it without a profecional vet. accully, when our dog got sick a couple of years ago I knew what she had & how to cure it before talking to the vet & I was 100% right... veteranary medicne comes naturally to me I guess

4. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    A week ago Saturday. I walked in the back door and the thought "Curtis' dad is dead" went through my head. Why? Who knows. Other than his dad was trying to let us know what had happened. Curtis hasn't had a good relationship with his father for several years. He had called him a few times over the last couple but his dad wasn't real talkative. Anyways, I got online and googled his dad. I got a birth date and...his death date. Back in April. I told hime he'd better call his step-mom, he asked why, I said you need to call her now. He came over looked at the screen, grabbed his phone and called her. It was a long, sad night. But throughout the week he and his step-mom have talked several times after the initial call on Saturday. ( It was full of accusations by her and name-calling) At the end of the night she had apologized and wants to get the relationship between her and us good again. His dad had been wheelchair bound for the last 2 years which we already knew but we didn't know he had dementia which is why he didn't want Curtis around. He didn't want his son to see him like that. But anyways, things are going much better with his step-mom. I think she is thrilled to have Curtis back in her life again. She has no other family and has been with him since he was 2.

But that was a very crucial time that I went with my intuition. Other times that my intuition or gut feelings have proved me correct also, especially where my oldest daughter (17) is concerned. You know how adventurous 17 year olds can be [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. herefordlovinglady

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    There have been several times in my life that if it were not for my gut feeling than I would of been in a mess. I feel mine is very strong. I use it more to make decisions than I do anything else. I trust it and will argue with it, but in the end my gut was right.

right now i am arguing with it and know what i need to do is the best thing for me. So I will eventually listen and then I can quit worrying about what is happening.

i was just curious what everyone else feels about gut feelings or intuition. and incidents when their gut was correct.

6. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    How about yesterday DGD told her Mom and I about having to massage the coach. [​IMG] Yea, 40 year old man, could be innocent but what is he thinking? She says everyone does it, but I don't like it. There is always a female present at all times. REALLY? No trips to office or restroom? DGD has been told to never do that to any adult. Within reason of course. It will be addressed on the first day of school if he is still there. These are third graders. If its innocent he should know better. [​IMG]

Edited to add- She said " I had to do his shoulders "

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Wrong on many levels. Start documenting it all while memories are fresh, or taping. Then hit the school board and the authorities on the same day. That is totally inappropiate behavior. Preferably BEFORE school starts.

Texas has it's issues, but, by golly, do not mess with the kids. (former Texan here)

8. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    This is where I totally trust my gut, and something is VERY wrong with a little girl in the 3rd grade "massaging" a 40 year old man. No matter that it was his shoulders!!!

9. herefordlovinglady

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    not sure where gut feelings come in on this one except for the fact that is too weird to digest. Third graders? Massaging the coach.. What??? My gut feeling tells me you better get to school and check this out. Wrong on so many levels....

ETA: this really creeps me out -- there should be no touching at all going on.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    That would a no no, no matter how "friendly" he appeared to be. He could be "grooming" them.

Sometimes I do listen and sometimes I don't listen to my gut. If it concerns my DD, I pay attention to it big time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by