Guys, I expect to take heat for this, but help me out here!

I have told mine that!!
gig.gif
I told him that to get him to take his blood pressure meds!

I also told him I have a plan that if he keels over at home I am going to drag his carcass to work and throw him over the fence so I get more insurance!!
lau.gif
lau.gif

I have WHAT in my yard? :

I know he knows. I'm certainly not chasing him around the house for some cuddle time if you catch my drift....
roll.png

SIGH. I know I just have to let him work it out. He's still my man and I still adore him I just guess I wanted to admit to someone that I found it a turn off...

Turn the lights off and give a good run for his money! We always teased my grandfather that him buying a king size bed was the reason for his loosing weight 'cause he had further to run to catch Grandma.
hugs.gif
and yet slightly
sickbyc.gif

Does your DH play with your active kid? Heck! I had to lose weight just to keep up with my oldest. By the time he's in high school I ought to be fit as a fiddle.
woot.gif
Seriously though, I decided to lose weight because I couldn't catch my oldest when he was running in the road. Scared the crap out of me. Now I can pick my 45 pound 3 yr old (big boy) up out of the pond with one hand! (last weekend he fell into the pond for 2secs. pulled him out by his foot while still holding my fishing pole .... that sounds soooo redneck!)​

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

My hubby was over 500 pounds until a year ago. When he started to gain after we were married, I tried hard to help and guild him but nothing worked. I gave up and continued to love him just was he was. Almost 2 years ago after doctor told him that he will die if he dont do something he finally did something. He got that lapband, I did nothing to push him into doing it but I supported him all the way. Now he has lost 220 pounds in just over a year. He had blown everyone away. I can tell you that he has not learned one thing about proper diet, he had to do it his own way and in his own time.

I have WHAT in my yard?, I didn't have time to read all the responses, but wanted to chime in.
My SO has gained 50 lbs. in the 6 years I've known him. He did alright with it until 2007 when he contracted systemic e.coli. Since then he just hasn't felt right.
After a year and a half of nagging to go see the doctor (and him starting a diet and ending it the same week) he finally did see the doctor.
He was diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea and borderline diabetes. He's had high blood pressure for 30 years.
He's now on a diet he can live with - Dr. Gott's No Sugar, No Flour diet and on an CPAP machine for the sleep apnea.
The combination of these two things has not only helped his diet to work (20 lbs. off so far) but his BP is coming down and we are both sleeping better! I didn't realize how much his excessive snoring was ruining MY sleep.
If your DH's snoring is severe, you might take a look at obstructive sleep apnea. It can cause the weight gain and the BP problems. Good luck to both of you.
smile.png

Thank you so much gritsar. But, Dh had his uvela (however you spell that) removed 12 years ago to stop gagging problems and he cannot snore unless he's really ill.... Since he cannot snore can he still have sleep apnea?

Yes--apnea is just caused by the neck muscles and stuff sagging back into the throat and blocking breathing during sleep. The person gasps themselves awake and repeats the process all night long. It's more common in heavier folks because of the extra fat and tissue. It is dangerous!

How about this "Hubby, I'ld really like to get myself into better shape and I would do better if I had a partner to workout with. That way I'm held a bit more accountable to workout when I say I'm going too. Would you be willing to join me."

Then plan a workout that would get both of you into better shape. It would be best to include cardio along with weight lifting. The more muscles you have the more fat you can burn.

Good luck. My man is just getting back around after knee surgery and I am trying to lose a bit and get healthier before we have a baby.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

I have been married to my wonderful hubby for ten years. No, I don't take him for granted and no I am not going anywhere..... But....

But Dh has gained 25 lbs this past winter! I know he is stressed and that this is part of it, but he has high blood pressure and I am worried as well as being really turned off by the belly!

How do I help him without sounding critical?
hide.gif

Hey, I think I resemble that!
smile.png

Heres a guys perspective. I once gained about 35 pounds over the fall and winter and it was in my face, neck and belly. I was never even chubby before. If his buds are anything like mine you need not say anything. I grew tired of the liittle jokes and puns and seeing buds I had not seen in a while and the first thing from thier mouth was dang you gained weight. I had never had my belly patted so many times in my life. I got tired of it and took control. I went on a diet and started weight lifting. Then I was hooked. 3 months later my friends were not laughing as I looked the best I had ever looked. I turned my gut into a six-pack and grew 18 inch arms and developed pecs and a butt for the first time. My clothes fit me so much better. After they were making fun of me for buying clothes that were too little and tight. Funny thing is those were the same clothes I always had. Give him some time and if people are not used to seeing him packing extra weight he will soon get the hint. We cant forget about blunt family members as well. Others will let him know.

You know Jeff you were right! Apparently he saw his father the other day and his Dad (who is very overweight) really laid into him! He told him that he needed to get rid of that weight now before it got like his!

He patted his own gut and said,"Just remember this is only gaining two pounds a year! Over thirty years!)

Not a word came outta my mouth!
duc.gif

DH told me all about the conversation and how he was starting his diet TODAY!

woot.gif

I said, "Whatever you want to do honey, I love you and will help you whatever way I can."
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom