guys I need urgent help plz guide asap

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jamalkhan, Jan 3, 2014.

1. jamalkhan

jamalkhan Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2013
    Im in lockdown situation for the last two days and none of the eggs have pipped externally as in the morning I candled my bantam eggs they were internally pipped now should I assist them and break the outer shell now or wait ? My humidity in bator is 65-66% temp is 99.5-100 what to do im really freaking out

2. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    You should wait it out.

3. countrylover

countrylover Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2014
    Yes try to hold out. I'm 23 days into my current hatch and thank goodness I did not open the incubator as one hatched today and another has pipped so not all is lost hopefully. Good luck

4. jamalkhan

Sep 4, 2013
    In lockdown I had opened the lid two to three times for temp n humidity check and to turn the eggs which I had put in bator one day after the first lot .are they safe ? Coz today the other lot will also be going in lockdown so will not open the bators top

5. countrylover

countrylover Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2014
    Hi there,
    What is done is done but don't worry, humidity can be increased easily and quickly by placing a warm cloth in the incubator. Try not to open it for a few days now so the humidity you have gained does not get lost when you open it. I also spray the eggs with warm water if I need to open the incubator to get chicks out (2 days after they have hatched). You will not need to turn them now so don't be tempted to open again for at least a few days.
    Good luck

6. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

When you are in lockdown there is no reason for
    you turn the egg's

7. showinbirds

showinbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    COLUMBUS, KS
    Sometimes the thermometer can be a little off and causeearly or late hatches,hang in there.

8. jamalkhan

Sep 4, 2013
    Guys one of my eggs which are on 21st dayin lockdown have cracked since morning but further made no progress will he be alright ?

9. Makomd

Makomd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    ES of MD , USA
    Your best bet is to leave it alone. Most of us make the mistake of trying to help out. Sometimes it will take a day or so for the process of hatching to be complete.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by