Gwarg! *TV Rant*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Ec_Prokta, May 19, 2010.

1. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    So, I just got into this super awesome series (The guy in my avatar is one of the characters) but since it's not avalible on Youtube, I have to go to another site. They say they have episodes 1 through 60, aka the whole thing. So I get to episode 42, I'm super excited, and for some reason... Instead of the video, I'm treated to this picture of some dude from another show. I click on the play button, and it takes me to a MOVIE RENTAL site. What. I just want to watch my show, not rent Legally Blonde! Come on! And no, it won't play otherwise. [​IMG] It takes me to the same old site.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    ahaa... the old bait and switch.. it happens.

3. Ec_Prokta

Jan 14, 2009
    And the worst part is that the movies aren't even in the same genre as my show!

Show: Comedy
    Rentals: Gritty Action

It's like saying that if you like Sesame Street, you'll love Neon Genesis Evangelion.

4. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    I would be careful, and note what Belle said. We had a virus once that smashed everything up.

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  5. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm very, very leery of those sites that let you watch streaming videos for free. I doubt it's entirely legal and it's a prime way to pick up a computer virus.

6. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Quote:x 2

7. Ec_Prokta

Jan 14, 2009
    Quote:Seriously? I'll take note of that.

8. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    This scared the heck out of me, I copied it from this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=325902

Quote:I thought there was a loop hole in the law for streaming online. You are not downloading anything or sharing it, just looking at it..
    Im not a memember and I have been watching off this site for many many months. There is not way they can stop it unless they shut the site down.

That site has no movie files on it. It just links to sites that do. Those sites are shutdown all the time.
    As for streaming not being downloading, yes it is. For you to see in on your screen your computer has to download it. At that point you have crossed the legal line. What happens to the file after that point has very little to do with anything. If there was a loophole for streaming video then youtube would have jumped all over it.

My sister got traced by HBO. HBO was nice a gave a warning. A friend got traced by a movie company.... They were not that nice. Still waiting to see how bad they get him. Both just watched the movie.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by