gym class horror stories

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arabookworm, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arabookworm

arabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I've heard many stories about creepy gym teachers, cruel students, etc. in gym class, and figured it would be fun to moan about gym class together. have a pity party of sorts. I'll go first.

when I was in 7th or 8th grade, we had to do a hundred meter dash or something like that. I can't run fast at all. and I was never very popular or had many friends. when it was my turn to run, the other students started laughing at me and jeering, then started throwing rocks at me.

apparently I was seen as being stuck up, which is why I was so unpopular. but the truth is that I skipped a grade and entered school early, and was significantly smaller than the other kids through middle school. and I was afraid of people who were taller than me (weird phobia, I know). I was afraid of everyone, so I didn't talk to them.

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    my nickname in school was moose. I was a natural mesomorph body type and by the time I was in 8th grade I was 5'6 and 190 lbs. Needless to say people always equated my size and muscles to a low IQ. I know I am at the other end of the spectrum than you are, but it is never easy.

In Gym... horror stories? hm..........

Inclined sled. I still hold the school record for weight and reps. 1200 lbs i don't know how many times. I was benching 200ish in 8th grade and it's only gone heavier as I've matured and the mass turned into solid muscle.

The funny thing was, I was one of those brainy kids who just wanted to fit in and couldn't.

3. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I don't have any personal horror stories since I didn't take gym in high school where most horror stories come from as far as I know. My sister, however, had a really awful gym teacher in junior high. She had asthma pretty badly and he apparently just considered her a whiner who didn't want to work hard. One day, the class had to run laps around an outside field. After a couple laps, she told him she was having trouble breathing and asked to sit out. He informed her that she was under no circumstances allowed to sit out and that she was to finish her laps even if it killed her. She ended up collapsing, unconscious at the far end of the field. He didn't realize she was missing and took the rest of the class inside. She was found almost an hour later by a janitor that happened to be walking across the field. She was ok after some medicatin and rest, but that was certainly a horror story!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  4. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Someone stepped on my hand and broke it. I had a cast with a finger splint for senior prom and graduation. [​IMG] And the idiot stick didn't even apologize.... [​IMG]

5. GrayDragon

GrayDragon Chillaxin

Sep 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    Swim teacher who, if a single person didn't do their 'turn' properly in a lap, would make the entire class swim another serious of laps. One day my friend had twisted her knee the day before and was physically incapable of making the turn properly.

Teacher got up and gave a speech about how one person shouldn't be holding the class back and if something happened in the locker rooms she was just going to 'turn a blind eye' cause she had lots of paperwork to do and a lesson needed to be learned. Her 'favorites' started smiling and nodding.

A couple hours later the principal is explaining to me and my friend why we are about to be suspended for fighting, two of the favorites are sobbing, and the other is on her way to the hospital with a broken arm and cheekbone.

Good times.

Turned out a lesson was learned. Don't take a swing unless you can handle one coming back at you. Also, if you are going to pick a fight, don't do it with the gals who play football with the boys.

6. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:[​IMG] where were you when I was in high school?

7. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Speaking of fights, my ex boyfriend waaaay back in the 8th grade was sitting on a railing making fun of my mother for not having any fingers and not being able to open her mouth (due to scar tissue) I never said a word to him, just walked up and jacked him in the jaw- knocked him clean off the railing backwards.

He never spoke poorly of my mother again.

8. wombat

wombat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    I was lined up in the slot, and had to come across and block an outside linebacker on a running play to my side. Lost my mouthguard coming off the snap, and got a forearm in the chops that put my top teeth clean through my lower lip.

It bled like you wouldn't believe.

I had to go into the locker room to try to get cleaned up ... and the wrestling coach came over, saw me sitting on the locker room bench, and started tugging on my lip and laughing and saying "I guess you won't be eating soup for a while!" ... I must have swallowed a lot of blood, because I horked a bunch of it up all over his pants and shoes.

9. arabookworm

arabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I have a better one posted in the evil teacher thread. though not as bad as some of the ones you guys posted.

10. GrayDragon

GrayDragon Chillaxin

Sep 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    Quote:[​IMG]

Scaring the 'normal' kids, mostly. Come to think of it, not much has changed in that regard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by