Gypsy Has Finally Done It....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by speckledhen, Jan 16, 2010.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Silly Ameraucana lap chicken of mine has finally succeeded in convincing me that she is one of my appendages. She loves to be carried around like a purse constantly. If I put her down, she tugs at my pants to pick her back up; sometimes she gets some flesh, too. OUCH. Today, we put the entire flock in when the rain started. I went inside, scooped up the little beggar, checked for eggs, then left the coop and locked the door. Halfway up the hill to the house, I realized that I was still carrying Gypsy, who was happy as a clam. Yep, I guess she has become a permanent attachment. [​IMG]

The one in the center in this picture is Gypsy. Her mama, Charlotte, is on left and Snow on the right.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kipepeo

kipepeo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NC KS
    She has you trained very well [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

I'd say so, yes. [​IMG]

4. Chicken Chaperone

Chicken Chaperone Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok, please tell me that one of your chickens laid that beautiful! [​IMG] vivid blue egg in the nest box?!?!?
    If so, I will pay huge money (that my DH will ring my neck over) for that chicken and/or her offspring and if it was Gypsy, I promise
    to wear her like a mink stole every day if she wants me to if she'll lay like that!!! [​IMG]

A chickie-girl that loving and that can lay an egg like that?!? Golly tamale!!! I'm in love!!!! [​IMG]

5. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    I love it! Chickens can be so "sweet"!

6. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    Oh my! I didn't even notice that egg in the nest box... That can't be real can it? It's beautiful.

7. speckledhen

Quote:Ah, yes, the huge bright blue egglayer. That would be the elusive "Plastic Chicken" from the jungles of Taiwan.

8. Chicken Chaperone

Chicken Chaperone Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Ah, yes, the huge bright blue egglayer. That would be the elusive "Plastic Chicken" from the jungles of Taiwan.

Boy, I need to see 'bout gettin' me some of them crazy Taiwan Jungle chickens! [​IMG]
    rats! ::snap fingers:: [​IMG]

9. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    She is too cute!

10. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Wow, she does have you well trained.

All your Ameraucana's are beautiful. I'm looking to get some BBS Ameraucana's this spring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by