H E A T W A V E!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HarlansHollowFarms, Jan 10, 2010.

1. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    WOW Its the first time in 2 weeks my chickens have seen daylight! The temps went from -30F night before last to 39F last night! It is 30F right now...9am...so I opened all the doors and let the sunshine in. To bad there is 4 foot of snow in most of the run, but there is a small space they can get out if they want...the left over spinach salad I throw out there should help!

Of course the wind chill is still only 19F......but it is a warm 19...I can go out and play! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Looks like we'll have to wait until Thursday to get back to normal temps. It's 16 right now- opened the big girls coop door- they won't set foot outside. You know it's bad when the alpacas won't come out of their house! [​IMG]

3. HarlansHollowFarms

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:We are above normal at the moment [​IMG] We haven't seen 30F for over a month!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  4. HennyJenny

HennyJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Bennington, NE
    It's going to be 22 today! It's like the first day of summer vacation. Chickens can get out - Kids can get out! Thank you God for a survivable temperature!

5. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Wow...warmer in Montana than we have here in Tennessee!! That's just not right!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

6. HarlansHollowFarms

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:yes I know...my daughter lives in KY and is always laughing at us for being so cold.....my turn [​IMG]

Of course, by next week it will be -30F again.............such as life and January in Montana!

7. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Our high today is supposed to be 40 !!! From the bitter bitter cold of the last few weeks, I am so dern excited!

8. 2ndtimearound

2ndtimearound Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2009
    Omaha
    HennyJenny, I'm with you! WoooHOOO!! [​IMG] It's supposed to get to 22 here in Omaha today!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

No single digits, no negative sign!! Yippee!!

9. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:WIth a 5 hour drive you could be in the 40's! [​IMG]

10. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I'm with you on this heatwave! Supposed to be 20 today and 32 by Wednesday. My daughter and I decided maybe it was time to get out the shorts [​IMG]

Even the chickens are all out today in the sun and I will be able to clean their coop of all the frozen poop. It is hard to clean it out effeciently when they are all in there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by