H3LL's KITCHEN near freakout!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dipsy Doodle Doo, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Hi! If you saw the intro, you know what they *almost* did, lol.
    Chickens running all over.
    Did anyone notice the breeds?

I can't tolerate watching much of it because of the bleeps and the chef's general abusive language, but that was funny.
    Something else... It is surprising to me that any adult person that cooks even occasionally doesn't know how to cut up a chicken (not butcher a chicken, but just cut up a whole chicken).

[​IMG]
    Lisa

2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I was watching and I said dad they can't kill those because they won't have any meat on them LOL. It was like 1 RIR roo 2 leghorn Roo's and a couple leghorn pullets.

Henry

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I just got finished watching it and I had to laugh! At least those folks have a kind heart for chickens but as a chef, they are food whether or not they got enough meat on them. You can get creative using leghorns for chicken noodle soup while the heavier breeds would get the grill or pan fry.

Imagine the poop flying in that place LOL![​IMG]

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I know I was like oh god they have no idea how to process them LOL
    The chef probably doesn't even know either. I might have to kill an egg eater soon if it turns out to be that or maybe just a new hen laying a shell less egg I think I will make soup.

Henry

5. doc_gonzo

doc_gonzo Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2007
    Evening Shade, Ar
    a true chef knows how to "break" (break down into cooking sized units) any beast, fowl,or seafood. i have watched a lot of these bufoons in these compitions that couldn't even figure out how to break a cleaned salmon. a pre cleaned salmon, all the morons had to do was skin it and bone it, and they call them selves a chef? i identify with the chef in charge of hells kitchen. he has to run a high-end restaurant, and co-ordinate a bunch of incompinent flunkies that purport to be "chefs". and still make a great showing to the highest of clientell expectations. if you can't do the job then get the heck out of the kitchen. i build cabinets for a living but i'm enough of an epicurian that i could do any one of those clowns job. it doesn't hurt that i have an extensive country-club/ high end restuarant resume from my collage years....

cheers

doc

6. Hi! I saw a young white bird that had a forked comb and wondered what it might be --- thought someone else might have noticed it.

I can only IMAGINE the poo flying [​IMG]
    It was a freakout intro for sure. Kind of a silly way to make the point.

Wasn't it that show that had the contestants digging thru the garbage to show them how much 'wasted food' they created?

I've never watched more than the first few minutes of it.
    Lol, Always the optimist, I expect a 'cooking show' of sorts but have to change the channel pretty quickly.

[​IMG]
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by