HA! Caught her in the act!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    I always kinda "knew" that it was our little BA Natalie that is laying.
    She was just the only one that seemed concerned after I gathered the egg. She would come back into the coop and look around like "Now where did I put that thing"
    Anyhow. I went out the other morning and she was in the corner sitting there. The other girls came right over to eat. And still. She sat.
    A few moments passed and she stands up and TA DA!! An egg!
    Also, she is quiet when she lays. Other times she is the most vocal

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Congrats on solving the mystery! [​IMG]

So this is the only chicken in your flock who is laying now? How old are your girls?

(and of course, you MUST post a pic of Natalie!)

3. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Quote:Yup. Only one in the flock of 5. [​IMG] Although two of my Buff Orps are doing the "squat" thing. They are 29 weeks this Wednesday.
    Natalie is the youngest at 28 weeks. I have been getting an egg a day from her for a few weeks now.
    The neighbors and my MIL are going to be loving me when they all start laying [​IMG]
    I have to get new pictures of the girls. Been slacking on the picture thing the last month or two

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  4. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Funny...we have a bantam cochin pullet that walks around and then just suddenly stops, squats, lays and egg and walks away...turning around and looking at that huge "poop". I know that must be what she is thinking! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by