HA HA HA!!!!! 5 Month Old Silkies Laying Eggs!!

Shadow Source

Songster
May 25, 2018
Central Oregon
Hello :wee:lol::ya

Two nights ago when I went down to do my chicken chores, I found that my chickens had eaten all off their food. That's not a big deal because my chickens live on a farm that has frequent hand outs and are free range. So I added some feed into the feeder, and did not think much of it. My chicks that I hatched out last spring were not laying yet, and neither were the Silkies that I got five months ago. I added the food, and the next day all of my chicks that I hatched out last spring were on the nest box. And I also found an unusually small egg. That's normal for a young hen to do, so I did not think much of it. Then this morning I found one of my Silkies sitting on another Silkies egg on the nest box. This was the first time my Silkie had been on the nest box. And that young Silkie hen laid a small brown Silkie egg. I am soooo happy because I know how long Silkies take to lay eggs, and this young hen is only 5 months old!!!

Dec 3, 2018
Michigan
Hello :wee:lol::ya

Two nights ago when I went down to do my chicken chores, I found that my chickens had eaten all off their food. That's not a big deal because my chickens live on a farm that has frequent hand outs and are free range. So I added some feed into the feeder, and did not think much of it. My chicks that I hatched out last spring were not laying yet, and neither were the Silkies that I got five months ago. I added the food, and the next day all of my chicks that I hatched out last spring were on the nest box. And I also found an unusually small egg. That's normal for a young hen to do, so I did not think much of it. Then this morning I found one of my Silkies sitting on another Silkies egg on the nest box. This was the first time my Silkie had been on the nest box. And that young Silkie hen laid a small brown Silkie egg. I am soooo happy because I know how long Silkies take to lay eggs, and this young hen is only 5 months old!!!
Congrats!!! Thats awesome:ya

Top Bottom