Ha Ha ha It has happened!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Sitting on the couch last night I had Audrey sitting with me and dh had the little one he picked out. Ingrid, on his chest. We were just sitting there patting them, hanging out and talking before we went to bed. Dh suddenly says

"Maybe this isnt so bad" he is patting Ingrid.

I smile and say "Told ya so. Pets."

For the first time he didnt argue!!

The girls have made the important leap from "livestock" to pets!!

Funny. I dont think he has ever considered my horse to be anything but a pet. Or maybe he just feels the horse is therapy that has kept him, the kid and most other humans in my path. alive.

2. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* That's called "Gotcha!" [​IMG][​IMG]

3. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    my husband has resigned himself to the chicks and now the ducks the other day we were at the feed store buying a fake owl that moves its head and hoots to try and scare off the hawk, it was $47 and he told the cashier that it was worth it if it did its job cause if anything happened to my pets he would never be able to swim the sea of tears.
    And on the way home he said ok, back to the farm , and I said its not a farm till I get my dairy goats.
    [​IMG]

4. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    sorry double post

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  5. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Its great to know you have made a difference and its rewarding to see something you care about settle in to acknowledge the difference. Just keep smiling, breathe a sigh of relief and smile again! [​IMG]

6. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    woo hoo! Mine is slowly coming around too.
    He calls them livestock every now and then though.

I mean come on.. when the ducks are quacking in their dish when they are drinking and it echoes loud.. who wouldn't laugh? Sounds like a huge burp!

He already likes the chickens.

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    that is wonderful! i have a super caring husband who makes my goals his goals. and vice versa...

people say that marriage is 50/50. i'm not sure about that. i think maybe it's more like one day 40/60 and some days 100/0. everyday is different, but we do the best we can.

small things like your husband making that sweet comment, it all makes your life grand!

good for you and your family!

8. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    I am very lucky to have my dh. He has been nothing but supportive of me and everything I do and have set to do.
    He has been carrying the house bills by himself for the last 6 years; so that I could stay home and raise our daughter.
    He isnt an animal person. Just wasnt raised to be.
    So the fact that we have 3 cats, a dog, 2 house rabbits, my horse and the chickens is pretty impressive. But then again. He knew going in that I cant live without my animals. [​IMG] Just as I knew he wasnt big on pets. We have a great marriage.

9. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    My DH is actually starting to remember most of their names.

10. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I think DH was resigned to that since everytime I walk out the back door herds of chickens in 4 different coops run to the edge of the run to see what I'm bringing them [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by