HA! HA! HA! I've got them Trained!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

It has been SO hot here lately..hot for WA anyway, lol. All 22 of the Muscovy babies have been going into a pen in the yard during the day, everyday lately, and then i have been packing them all back in at bedtime.

I finally got tired of picking them all up out of the brooder box so i removed the bottom board and they all quickly shuffled out onto the porch. well after a few days of this i was lovin' it! no poopy hands in the morning, yay! they all heard pretty easily into their pen and i close it up for the day. Well tonight I decided to just open their yard pen, put a ramp on the porch for them and TRY herd them back to the brooder on the porch.... Oh! They're so smart & I was so proud! The little babies all quickly waddled across the yard, up the ramp and right into the brooder!!!!

[​IMG] They're soo smart, cute and adorable! i sat there for a few minutes and watched them laying under the heat light on their clean hay preening themselves and chewing the hay...such sweet little duckies.. [​IMG]

2. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    Awwh [​IMG]
    They sound cuuute. Love how smart scovies are, makes them awesome pets
    Im expecting a few scovie duckies soon [​IMG]

3. javajanie

javajanie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Southern MD
    Good job! It took weeks of bribing with peas to train mine to go into their pen. [​IMG]

4. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:Thank Heavens for peas! The currency of ducklings(and yes, they can be bribed!). [​IMG]

5. aduckstolemyheart

aduckstolemyheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Missouri
    I think I must have the only ducks in the world who don't care much for peas. The only way I can get them to eat them is when I drop them in their water, and they can go "bobbing" for them. I'm beginning to think my ducks can't be bribed. [​IMG]

How cute that you have them trained! All mine are too obstinate to do what I want them to do. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by