Ha Ha! I beat you!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Ed62, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Ed62

Ed62 Chillin' With My Peeps

I just read the thread about rude behavior, and I thought I'd pass on this true story.

My wife was at the grocery store, which was very crowded that particular day. She had maybe 10 or 12 items in her grocery basket, and she was ready to check out. All the lines were long. As luck would have it, she just got in the back of a line when a cashier was going to open another register. She motioned for my wife to come on over. As she started toward that lane, another woman actually *ran* in front of her, with an overflowing grocery cart, and said "Ha Ha, I beat you". My wife was speechless! As the woman began unloading her grocery cart onto the grocery belt, she realized that in her haste, she grabbed a cart belonging to someone else!! The groceries were not hers. My wife didn't have to say anything, but she came home with a very satisfying look on her face.

Ed

2. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    Instant karma. I love it. [​IMG]

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Perfect!

4. kooltex

kooltex Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    NE Tx
    Wow how rude is that. Did this happen to take place around Christmas time? I find the rudest of them all show around Christmas time. Man, that is funny though. I am afraid I would just have to put my stuff down and leave to keep from beating that lady! It would be a good thing for her that she grabbed the wrong cart! Ugh, RUDE, just rude!

5. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Very nice. I've been known to call out cutters... did that at the thrift store once. Jerk with ONE item cut in front of this VERY pregnant lady that was loaded down... busy day so NO carts or baskets available... wasn't even a second register opening, he just waltzed up and cut in line. Mind you a LONG line that she'd already wait in for a while... swollen ankles and all... I think that's still by far and away the rudest single instance I've witnessed... that lady, and others in line didn't mind a bit when I called him down for it either.

Best I know to do is say "Your Mother should be ashamed for letting a son with manners like yours run around loose!"... especially with Mama's boys that really gets their attention.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by