HA! "Hen in Mexican village lays rare eggs with green shells"!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by skatcatla, Jan 30, 2008.

1. skatcatla

skatcatla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    I was on Yahoo just now and saw this "News story" video from the AP. Apparently they are all mystified why this chicken lays green eggs. Does this reporter not know about Americaunas and EEs????

This is hilarious. I'd provide a link if I can but it won't give me a seperate link. I found it on the Yahoo.com main page.

2. ebbtide

ebbtide Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2007
    Florida
    Lol....I just read that story myself. Ya beat me to the punch. [​IMG] I laughed my butt off when I watched the video. Must be a slow day in da newz huh? [​IMG]

http://www.yahoo.com/s/795233

3. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    I saw that lastnight on our channel 9 News!!! It was the end of the cast teaser story. And the newswoman says at the end "Only in Mexico". They were all dumbfounded about these eggs.

But really I do understand, I had know idea, nor did any of my family, the multitudes of breeds there really are. They should have done a little more research though being on the news and all. [​IMG]

4. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Our news media does not research ANYTHING before they broadcast it. That is why I do not watch the news, EVER! I do listen to NPR daily and I have found them to be very reliable. Most news stations are SO pathetic!

5. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
  6. skatcatla

skatcatla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    I sent an email to the AP news editor just to let them know. :-D

7. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    It'll be interesting to see if you hear back from them!

Dawn

8. Keleka

Keleka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2007
    West Bloomfield
  9. GAhen

GAhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Carrollton GA
    I saw the same thing???I wondered what was different about these eggs from my green eggs. That just proves you can not trust the media....They do not know what they are talking about most of the time...

10. newchickowner

newchickowner Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2007
    Texas
    someone ought to send the AP a link to this thread so they can see just how stupid they look right now!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by