Ha! My week-olds found their wings...what a riot!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by DawnB, Mar 13, 2013.

1. DawnB

DawnB Chillin' With My Peeps

One of them actually ended up on top of the water jar with all the others looking at her like she was a god! [​IMG]

Then they all got the hang of it somewhat. Although they keep scaring each other launching around the brooder cage....

Goofballs!

2. OMGosh....!!! ... that's exactly what has happened to me....:) too funny. As yes, my other five were staring at Rosy as if she too was a Goddess. I was beginning to think they were older than 10 days, because they are advancing farther than I thought they should, either that or they are SUPER chicks....haha.

Thanks for posting, now I feel better.

3. chickadoodles

chickadoodles Overrun With Chickens

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    Mine are also two weeks old and they are flying around. I have one that keeps landing inside the feeder trying to stay on top of it. Then she hollers loudly and I go rescue her! They are to funny! I love my new babies!

4. DawnB

DawnB Chillin' With My Peeps

@CindylouNC...yep, mine were 10-days yesterday. Now I've got 2 brave ones that are going on top of the water. They're knocking to food tray around and all around causing trouble.

Funny to watch them, when the first take off, they are completely shocked. All I can here in my head is the Urkel character going "did I do that?" [​IMG]

5. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    I have a little bantam "snowflake" and he is so cute, not much wing feathers yet but he trys to flap his wings to lift him self off the ground and he looks like a little dragonfly.

6. BarredRockGirls

BarredRockGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2013
    Ohio
    mine scare each other too lol one will jump/flutter off a branch thing i have in their brooder right on top of a pile of the others then they all go running lol

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  7. MontanaDolphin

MontanaDolphin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2013
    Columbia, Virginia
    I posted about mine trying to fly last week...I didn't think they could fly so young! My babies turned two weeks yesterday, and were "flying" (attempting, anyway) at a week old...now, a week later, one of my "girls" flies IMMEDIATELY to the top of the brooder edge when I remove the screen. Then today when I was taking them out for a photo shoot (had to have some good pics for another thread about sexing barred rocks), she flew from the edge of the brooder to a secondary brooder next to it, about 2 feet away (I use the secondary box just to put them in when I'm cleaning their main brooder). She's my brave one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. QuietPony

QuietPony Chillin' With My Peeps

OMG! adorable!!!!

9. chickadoodles

chickadoodles Overrun With Chickens

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    How cute she is showing you what a big girl she is!!! [​IMG]

10. AlaskaChicks

AlaskaChicks Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2012
    awww mine did that too last year, I had one or two that would fly to the edge as soon as the top was off, so fun!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by