1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Habitat For Humanity Window And Door

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by thomi, Feb 20, 2009.

1. thomi

thomi Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2008
    Elgin, SC
    We were able to excerise my knee long enough last week to get to our local Habitat For Humanity RE-Store to check for coop supplies. The doors were 50% off so we found this nice one with jalousie windows to aid in ventilating during our hot, South Carolina summers. The window is as new other than having 4 lites on the bottom pane and 6 on the top one. It will be opposite the side of the coop facing our back door so we won't mind and I can't imagine the chickens will either.

[​IMG]

$68 total for both pieces and we helped a great cause in the process. All in all, these are super stores to find all kinds of building supplies really cheap.

Thom and Donna

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=6022

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  2. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Thanks for posting this, I didnt realize they had stores, just looked it up and there's one not that far from me [​IMG]

Good deals on your door and window! Looking forward to seeing it in your coop!

Nancy

3. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    We bought the coop door also from Habitat for Humanity Re store also...$ 5.00.....we used plexy glass for the window...the door was put together with square nails just like the barn board wood my FIL had saved in his barn....[​IMG]
    Great purchases by the way !! Cant wait to see all the photo when its all done !!!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  4. Baymen Moe

Baymen Moe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2009
    Pembroke, Ma.
    I bought two windows for my future coop from the same outfit a few weeks ago. The windows are in great condition. All in perfect working order. I paid $14 each. A great buy, and the funds go back to the outfit.

Bill

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by