Hackle Stock all grown up

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by blackclownfish16, May 16, 2010.

1. I got eggs from Theriault Farm's last spring to add some feather density to my phoenix lines. I am extremely please with how they turned out. I got a mix of 2 different lines and boy is it apparent [​IMG] All have been extremely nice cocks so far, then again I have never had an aggressive rooster except with silkies but thats just a give right? haha I was told that they were extremely aggressive and unable to coexist with regular chickens. Bull patooie. I have had them with my silkies and Courtnix quail all winter with no problems. Anyway it was a real challenge taking these shots and I'll try and get some better one's but this aren't too bad. The first couple are of the smaller cock and hen's, the other's are the giants. All the other birds in the pictures are bantams. Let me know if you have any questions.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Wow! I love them. I really like birds with barring anyway but these are just so pretty. Interesting that they can stay with your other birds like that.

3. I really like how sharp their barring is too. Just the alternating black and white never ceases to catch my eye.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by