Had a beautiful day. How about you????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ruth, Oct 14, 2007.

1. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I just felt the need to start a thread where I and others could post about blessings - or - what a good day it was. I'll go first:

Today was a great day for simple reasons. Hubby was out of town so I had the day to myself. I love alone time. Weather was beautiful and cool (rare for here). I spent some of the day painting my coop, finally, and the rest just relaxing (rare for me). I counted my chickens, my eggs, and my blessings.

How was your day??? One exception though - good days and blessings only, please. Start another thread to post bad days or venting or like my mama always said "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". Let's keep this like that old Anne Murray song "Sure could use a little good news today". What's your good news today?

2. MarkR

MarkR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    Ivy, Virginia
    I had a great day. Bought a truck load of mulch and spread it. Made my fall straw-man. Walked the dog a bunch. Watered everything really well, cause it sure isn't raining here (but it's still a good day). Started some seeds in the cold frame. Now I'm relaxing with a cup of tea. Ahhhh!

Mark

3. slyfoxpeeps

slyfoxpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    I too had a wonderful day. Took the time to go for a ride with some friend up the skyline drive through a bunch of back road just enjoying the beauty!!!

4. Zenbirder

Zenbirder Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    New Mexico
    DH and I had home grown fried eggs for breakfast! Then we bonded over cleaning the bathrooms (gotta love a man who scrubs floors and toilets with out asking and with a good attitude [​IMG] )
    We celebrated first hard frost by taking down the garden plumbing, so nice to have the seasons change. The hens layed a record number of eggs, and all are safe back in the pen after free ranging on a bumper grasshopper day. I met with my women friends in a club where we all looked after each other and helped each other emotionally, intellectually and financially succeed. When I got home my dinner was cooked in my solar oven by the free energy of the sun. I believe when we live a life based on recognizing our small blessings we live a much happier life.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

It was gorgeous! Sunny, breezy, very cool in the morning, but perfect this afternoon. DH made me pancakes for breakfast then worked on a new and improved homemade incubator from a non-working dorm fridge while I cruised BYC from time to time, wrapped up two packages of hatching eggs to ship tomorrow and checked on my newly hatched chicks in the bsmt brooder occasionally. The leaves are turning and falling and everything was lovely today. Thanks for asking, ruth!

6. Wolfpacker

Wolfpacker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2007
    Raleigh
    Absolutely beautiful day here in central North Carolina!

7. texasgirl

texasgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    South Texas
    I had a wonderful day yesterday...and today I cooked some stew and fish and relaxed at home. [​IMG]

8. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    I sat out on the porch with one of the cats in my lap and finished a good book (Janet Evanovich - Lean Mean Thirteen). It is cooler than usual and there was a light breeze. The butterflies were fluttering from flower to flower and the deer were munching under the feeder.

9. ZuniBee

ZuniBee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    Zuni, Virginia
    We had a great day here in Virginia. The weather was perfect! We checked the bee hives and found they were doing great. Had a great lunch and then spent most of the day relaxing with the dogs and watching the chickens. Oh, and we got 14 eggs today! It was a great day.

10. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    Amen. My day was glorious... I just returned from an 11-day biz trip and this morning my daughter brought me a home-made menu in bed. On the menu: my first home-grown egg and the first cup of "real" coffee I'd had in a week and a half. After chillin' with the chickens over coffee, we went and had our last sail of the season on our sailboat... a PERFECT sail, starting light and allowing us to try the new spinnaker, then building for a rolllicking romp home. Hung out some more with the chickens, now we're making pizza with basil, tomatoes, onions and broc that the garden is STILL delivering (no frost yet, hooray!) and making a fire. What on earth could be better?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by