Had a Corturnix Quail die any sugguestions?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by chickenfried, May 21, 2010.

1. chickenfried

chickenfried Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2010
    Chanute
    Had one quail that was a runt didn't think alot about it but then I noticed he walked around looking like he was struting but actually his wings were always spread down at his sides. Well today he died and I notice that I have other ones that are walking around with there wings this way.

Is this something to be concerned about?

They also have plenty of feed and water but I now notice they are eating there own poop now, is there something I can give them to stop this or will they out grow it?

Thanks for any help.
    God Bless

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    The Strutting Is Normal For Many Baby Coturnix Quail And Other Gamebirds.... It Has To Do With Young Under-developed Muscles Now Suddenly Noticing The Weight Of New Appliances Called Feathers. Should Only Last For A Short Time Before The Muscles Acclimate And Strengthen.

3. chickenfried

chickenfried Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2010
    Chanute
    Thanks I was hoping it was something that they just go through and that makes a lot of sence now that they are getting there feathers and there wings filled out first. I'm glad for this site it's really nice to have a place to go and get help and read others questions and learn I have not seen anything like this before thanks again, and God Bless

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by