Had a good laugh at work today

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sumi, Feb 21, 2012.

1. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    I work at a restaurant as a waitress. Today I was taking an order from a couple when the lady pointed at the menu and asked me what the difference between "Lamb Chops" and "Lamb Ribs" are. I thought she was joking! Turned out she wasn't. I pointed at my backside and said "Chops" and at my ribs and said "Ribs".
    Vegetarian having a day off?
    I battled to keep a straight face, but the diner at the next table had no such scruples. He nearly fell off his chair.
    Oh, I love people.

2. Qurus

Qurus Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2012
    Donna, Texas
    In Texas, I think they'd shoot you for such a display of meat ignorance. [​IMG]
    So what did she end up ordering? I'm goint to be disappointed if you say "just the salad"

3. sumi

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    How did you know? She ended up ordering a salad platter.

4. Qurus

Qurus Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2012
    Donna, Texas
    Argh

5. sumi

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    I'm serious! With "no cucumber and no green or yellow or red peppers". Kitchen staff snuck some red peppers into her bean salad and she ate it. Silly woman.

6. henryholub

henryholub Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Altus
    Several years ago I waited tables at a fairly upscale steakhouse in my home town. I was often blown away by people's orders. My favorite was a man who ordered the 28oz porter house "well done," and then wondered 15 minutes later why his steak wasn't ready. If you order a 2 inch-thick steak well done, you deserve to wait for the 45 minutes it takes

7. sumi

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Oh, I know the type! Yesterday we had a guy storm into the kitchen demanding his food, about 2 minutes after ordering!
    I had a woman recently who ordered ostrich neck, I served her her food, went inside, stood around for a minute or two and went out the back. Another minute or two passed before another waiter came looking for me, saying the woman is complaining we gave her goulash when she ordered neck. I went to her table and got attacked by her and her hubby, both claiming she ordered steak! Now what do you do?

8. mamabigbird

mamabigbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Vancouver Island, B.C.,
    OK. Here's one for you.
    Bear in mind that Canada is bi-lingual so all packages have English and French labels.
    Years ago I was shopping in my local grocery store when a lady with an American accent, who was perusing the egg section, turned to me and asked "What does oeuf mean?".
    I told her "That's the sound the chicken makes when it lays the egg." And I simply walked away before I burst out laughing.

9. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana

Not a smart thing to do if she has allergies.

10. sumi

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    She could see them, don't worry. Ate them anyway. Just being difficult.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by