Had a great hatch and wanted to share! Shipped eggs from Wynette!!!!

gvntofly05

Songster
10 Years
Sep 21, 2009
IN
Wynette has some awesome stock and packs really, really well for shipping!!

Here's how I know!

A little over 3 weeks ago I ordered a dozen BCM hatching eggs from Wynette. She was kind enough to send 14. Here packing was superb! All eggs arrived intact. I let them rest all day and set them that evening.

At day 10 I candled and found that all 14 started to develop. Two ended up being early quitters. On day 17 I candled again to prepare for lockdown in the morning. All 12 that were left from the first candeling went into lockdown.

And guess what? DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL TWELVE HATCHED!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Here are the new babies in their brooder!
002-2.jpg
001-2.jpg

003-4.jpg

I have 7 of Wynette's "olive egger eggs" in my Brinsea Mini Advance incubator as I post this message. She sent 9... they were all packed extremely well, and they look SO good.

This is my very first attempt at hatching eggs via incubator; unlike all the experienced folks, I have not candled any of the eggs. I set them on 7/17 and the 21st day will be August 6th. After some forum questions, I learned I needed to get a hygrometer, which I did just a couple of days ago. I've lifted the lid to the incubator twice now just to expel some of the excess humidity.

Other than that, I'm winging it. Seriously, we NEED a "biting fingernails" smiley icon!

Last edited:
gryeyes~ You'll do fine. I haven't used a hygrometer since my very first hatch
hide.gif
and that was a long time ago!

Awesome, great news on your hatch, all 12 that is wonderful. Wynette will be happy to see this post.

Speaking of eggs I have 13 of your OE's in lockdown now as we speak, wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom