Had a great Mother Son day yesterday :)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by feather and mountain man, Apr 2, 2011.

1. feather and mountain man

feather and mountain man Corn fed Indiana farmgirl

Jan 17, 2010
    Ethan's fieldtrip to Marengo Cave IN went great. It was really cool I had not been there in over 20 years. The formations are so interesting and the history of the cave is intreging. All the kids asked great questions and Ethan got one of his pennies to stick to the ceiling of the cave and was so exciting. I handed out like 20 pennies to all the kids and I don't know how many stuck or not but it was a lot of fun. The cave was discovered by 2 kids (a 11yr old brother and 15 yr old sister ) back in the early 1800's who crawled into a sink whole and explored it by candle lite.

If you ever get a chance to go I recommend it! Lots of fun. [​IMG]

2. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    Quote:Is that by any chance down by Concord, Indiana? I remember when I was in like, 4th grade, we went on a field trip to Concord and went to some caves down there as well. It was really cool, but I can't remember exactly where the caves were. [​IMG] I'm glad you guys had fun. Field trips are always a blast, even for the parents. [​IMG]

3. Barbara Kolohe

Barbara Kolohe Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2011
    That sounds awesome! Sorry, Im new but couldnt help notice your post. I lived in Indiana for 7 years and always wanted to go to the caves! Traded caves in for lava tubes moving to Hawaii I guess, lol. They are similar only the stalagmites and stalactites all are made of sulfur/volcanic gas and smell like it too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by