Had a horrible chicken dream last night!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Uzuri, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Dreamed that it was late at night and I was talking in the kitchen when I heard clucking outside the back door. Just regular clucking, not panicked or anything. I looked out and there was Rooster and his ladies, out in the dark.

So in the dream I ran out out to get them before something else did and found out that someone had let them out by bashing the doors off the chicken coop! I woke up then, and didn't feel real great.

It was a really upsetting dream, not so much from the "OMG, something might have happened to my chickens" angle, but from the angle that someone had come in and destroyed something of mine and actively endangered the chickens. I had to sit up and read afterwards to be able to go back to sleep.

At least Rooster came out of this looking pretty good -- you know how it is with dreams where you just "know" some things even if there's no reason to know them? Well the thing I "knew" in this dream was that after having his doors knocked off, Rooster had gathered up his girls and went to the house because he knew that's where I was and was hoping to get my attention. Smart dream chicken [​IMG]

Hope this wasn't some sort of premonition!

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    We worry about our birds don't we?

3. ChOOkens

ChOOkens ►ChOOken In A Box◄

Jun 1, 2009
    Australia
    The things we do for our chickens...
    And all they do is make us worry.

4. steelersfan43

steelersfan43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    NE IN
    wow. I hope nothing like that actually happens, that would be awful. Good thing in your dream your roo was so smart. That dream shows that you honestly care about your birds which is great. I'm afraid I would have had to go out and look before I could go back to sleep. Good luck with better dreams tonight!!

5. BWchicken

BWchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Texas
    Whew! I was afraid I was the only one who has dreams about the chickens! I love them and I spend a lot of time with them. Since they occupy a big part of my waking hours, I guess it's ok that they show up in my dreams too, right? Of course I'm not addicted or anything [​IMG]

Sorry you had a bad dream though, I can see how you would wake up feeling angry and downright violated that someone invaded your property and endangered your chickens. Thank goodness it was just a dream, and take comfort in knowing your rooster will protect your flock in real life just like in your dream. Happy dreams to you!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  6. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    i¢¾43 :

That dream shows that you honestly care about your birds which is great.

Here I thought it was the butter popcorn right before bed that did it [​IMG] But I'll take this explanation as more flattering!​

7. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Quote:x2

8. steelersfan43

Nov 28, 2009
    NE IN
    Quote:Yeah, anytime our dogs get a little anxious, I make my husband go check on the chickens, even though, logically I know they are closed in their building for the night.....what if something happened???[​IMG] and can you believe that there are actually groups out there that think raising chickens is inhumane?!? [​IMG] If only they actually knew how some of us secretly are a little obsessed [​IMG]

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    [​IMG] I can soooooooooooooo offer my smpathy. I have this very special little rooster that I absolutely love too pieces. Last week I dreamt that I had a bunch of roos that needed to be culled and had written a list of which ones to cull. Well everyone in my house knows who Thor is so there should be no issue. In my dream our former roomie got up one morning and took the cull list and went to the coop area and began to shoot the roos on the list. [​IMG]

I go running outside to see WTH he is doing and there are these roosters he shot and amongst them was my Thor and one of my Delaware girls. I went ballistic yelling and asking why he killed Thor and why on earth he killed one of my girls....the idiot looks at me and say "She was huge and I thought she was a rooster". [​IMG] [​IMG]

I woke up from a dead sleep near hyperventilating and ran out to the garage to check on Thor and Fattie (the Dellie girl). I could not go back to sleep that night.

I think we all have horrid dreams from time to time about our birds. If we did not love em so much we probably would not have them. [​IMG]

10. steelersfan43

Nov 28, 2009
    NE IN
    Quote:aww, bet that was awful when you woke up. glad it was just a dream!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by