Had A Huge Coyote Raid last Night Only One Bird Left GRAPHIC PICS

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by M To The Maxx, Aug 17, 2011.

1. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    When I went to check on the chickens this morning I went out back and saw dead lifeless bodies all over the yard. Feathers were everywhere. Just after I went out back the neighbors had told us they had seen a coyote in our back yard a couple nights ago. I only have one bird accounted for and about 15 dead bodies about 10 still missing which are most likely dead anyways. I am just going to give our one Barred EE to a friend. I am no longer going to keep raising chickens. So needless to say you will very rarely find me on this site anymore. Here GRAPHIC PICS of what I saw in our backyard today. I told my grandpa about this which we usually give eggs to him and he is a world class hunter so he told me since that coyote got my chickens were getting his head. He is going to come over one night and we are going to take care of this monster. Thank you for reading. Now to go clean up the back yard.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Okie Amazon

Okie Amazon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Midwest City
    [​IMG] OMG, I am so sorry. What an awful loss. Are they sure it was coyote? Killing and not eating seems more like a dogs' behavior.

1 person likes this.
  3. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    No everyone keeps their dogs contained in our neighborhood. I know it was a Coyote.

4. Noah

Noah Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2010
    Sorry doesn't even begin to say how sad I feel for you and your chickens.
    I wish I could help you clean up your yard.
    That will be very difficult for you to do and I hope you will not be alone.

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I'm so sorry Maxx

Imp

6. those coyotes are starving. they're normally scavengers that only eat dead carcasses and usually attack live things when they have no other options. thats an awful loss. if you want to keep away the coyotes, mules or donkeys do the trick. i dont know why, they just keep them away. either that or its time to get out the ol' .22

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Maxx, sorry for your loss.

8. kareninthesun

kareninthesun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Im so sorry!!!

9. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

I'm so so sorry for your loss [​IMG]

10. LisaAnnW

LisaAnnW Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2011
    Max, I've seen you post before - we're in Florida too. I'm so shocked...so sorry this happened to your flock!

I have raised chickens for over thirty years, and had my share of tragedies, so I'll give you my best motherly advice: after you've dealt with the predator, rework your coop/run to make it more secure, and get some more feathered friends. Give yourself time, but don't give up completely.

Again, so sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by