Had a scare today...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Iowa Roo Mom, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Well, I had a scare today. I came home from school today, and laid on the floor with my dog. *Keep in mind this dog sleeps with me almost every night* I was petting him, using him as a pillow, etc. when I noticed a lump under his arm. It was about the size of a silver dollar and not extremely superficial... Now, I knew it was probably just a fatty tumor, but when it's your "kid" what do ya do?!? I called the vet and they told me that if I could get him there in 30 minutes, they could work me in. It worked out perfectly because he needed his rabies booster anyhow- so I ran him out. Well... long story short, they aspirated the lump and looked at it under the microscope and sure enough, it was only a fatty tumor. He got his rabies shot, a new bottle of shampoo, and we went home with a smile [​IMG]
    How could you not worry about this face?!?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  2. annanicole18

annanicole18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    USA
    i don't blame you i'm just as paranoid about my "kids" good that it was nothing dangerous though

3. Very glad he's okay!

4. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    gotta love that smile

5. MsMelvin

MsMelvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    dog people know, when looking at doggy photos, which ones are truly happy and content...like yours! Good for both of you:D

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

So cute! Glad he is doing well despite of the scare!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by