Had a visitor today

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Glockoma441FA, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Glockoma441FA

Glockoma441FA Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2012
    Bedford, Texas
    I live in a good sized neighborhood and every since I started raising chickens I have always looked to see if anyone else in my neighbor hood does. I have never found anyone. Well today my neighbor comes over and tells me that one of my chickens are out. I go out and look and it is a RIR but not mine. Has a bigger comb. So now I am freaking out trying to figure where this chicken came from and how it found my house lol. I followed it and tried to catch it to keep it safe. It went to a house a few doors down and was hanging out in the yard but no one was home. I took the visitor and out it in my run while my girls are put up in the coop. When I saw my neighbors came home, I spoke with them and it was theirs. I was glad I found the owner and got it back home. The funny part was it layed an egg in my run lol. I have been waiting for mine to start laying and a visitor lays in my coop. I was thinking that it was just my luck that someone else's chicken lays in my yard and I cant get mine to yet.
  2. cknkids

cknkids Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2012
    Camarillo, CA
    Go figure [​IMG]. Hope yours lay soon.
  3. ChicksandWeeds

ChicksandWeeds Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2012
    Northern California
    hahaha, funny
  4. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Chicken Obsessed

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    we have a coop that is close to the road, one day a buff roo was hanging around I think someone dropped him off. we brought him in and we had buff chicks for years after, down to one of his grand kids now.
  5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] That's too funny! Glad you found her home, now you know other neighbors have chickens too! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by