Had an unbelievable eating experience today....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WyandotteTX, Jul 20, 2010.

1. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    I was at a convention the past few days with my co workers and we decided to end the trip eating at a Brazilian steakhouse called Fogo de Chao.
    Its one of those places where they bring around large skewers of different meats that have been fire roasted and the servers cut off the meat of your choice cooked to your liking. The variety was lamb, chicken, ribeye, top and bottom sirloin, prime rib and my personal favorite filet....
    I was also impressed with their salad bar, lots of fresh stuff plus had smoked salmon, prosciouto and cotto salami with all types of cheese, personal favorite was the fresh mozzarella...yum!
    The service and selection was impressive and I can honestly say I ate more red meat today than I have eaten in a very long time!! Although I probably wont eat any for a while either, until I take my wife to this restaurant. And yes, it was unbelievably delicious. All of it.
    Just thought I would share a true random rambling haha...

FYI, not trying to offend any non-meat eaters out there either. Just something I thought I would share...

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I am a carnivore, and you just described heaven. Thank you.

3. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    Quote:It was seriously the best steak and steak eating experience I have ever had. When you go to alot of steak houses after a while you kind of get tired of eating it. Well at this place, they just cut you off a little of each as you go. When you want to stop for a while you have a coaster thats red on one side and green on the other. Green when you want more and red when you dont want any right then haha....
    Plus you had polenta cakes and garlic mashed potatoes with the meal also. The appetizers were fresh made popovers also. MAN it was good. Must have been because I am still thinking and talking about it haha....

4. debilorrah

Sounds awesome!!!! I live in an area that is growing, population over a VERY large area 365,000.... The restaurants are improving, and would you believe, the best steak I have here is at Sizzler??? REALLY good flavor, tender texture, nice spices. $7.99 Go figure!

5. the lemon tree

the lemon tree Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    I've been to the one in Chicago a few times. We actually had our wedding rehearsal dinner there. It's like $60/person (or something like that) but you get what you pay for. Oh Meat, how I love thou...

6. debilorrah

Quote:YES YES YES!!! I actually crave a steak alot. Not so much ground beef, but a good steak. I need one at least once a week.

7. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    It sounds like a place I would like. I love trying new cuisines. My DH took me to a steak place here in my backwater town, the other night. It is a steak joint which everyone had been raving about. So when the only other really good place was very busy, I said let go try it. All I can say is the steak was great. I was so disappointed in the salads and sides that I will never go back. I will have look up this restaurant and see if they have any on the West Coast.

Thank you for the recommendation.

Every once in awhile I get paroled from staying home, and when I do I want the food to better than what I can cook. I do know that the bar is set rather high these days, but still a restaurant should serve food that better than what is there is to eat at home. [​IMG]

8. imtc

imtc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2008
    YUM...I'm in Austin and that's my best friend's favorite place so we'll go there with our hubby's on date nights. aren't those cheese bread muffin things to die for too? I always forget to turn my card thing over and the meat just keeps coming. I'm definately stuffed when I leave (but always leave room for the papaya dessert). lol
    Wish their prices were better though so we could go more often. $50 a person for dinner is pretty steep but I think the lunch time charge is lower? hmmmm....making me want to plan another date night. =0)

9. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    [​IMG]

10. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    [​IMG] I am so bummed their closest location is nearly 2000 miles away from where I live. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by