Had my first jail brake!!!

secretquail

Songster
9 Years
Apr 11, 2010
Chapel Hill
Usually, when I'm cleaning out the pen, changing the water, etc... I leave the door open while I reach in and out. And most of the time all my little cuties just watch or run about. Not this time! I turned my head and got the pants scared off me by a flutter of white making a run for it! Had to get the 2 and 4 year olds to help me corral her, but I got her back, safe and sound! Poor thing lost a ton of feathers, almost like she shed them in order to escape my grasp, like the lizard breaks it's tail off!!! ...and all I could think was 'oh NO! not one of the GIRLS!!!
gig.gif

My Bird Containment System Prevents This..... For Some Reason Most Quail Just Dont Want To Run Towards A Panting But Ever-ready Labrador Retriever
smile.png

But If And When They Do They Wont Get Far Before They Are Returned To Me Slobbery But Otherwise Unharmed... Usually Doesnt Happen A Second Time.

Quote:
AHAHAHAHAHA I have the exact containment system, except mine is a Lab/Saffordshire Terrier mix, he is an amazing bird dog, even caught a button once and didn't want to give it up and after 15 min of coaxing he gave it up totally unharmed but SUPER SLOBBERY

Quote:
Retrievers are naturally 'soft-mouthed' meaning they are bred to not injure whatever they have in their mouths. If she was a hunting dog before you got her, I bet she wouldn't hurt them.
smile.png

I have a similar containment system, though mine have feathers.
tongue.png
It seems every escapee goes flying right towards the geese, they are pretty good at getting the little stinkers to come back pretty fast!
lau.gif

My lab would definitely return them....ready for the broiler! She was a hunter, but I think she just couldn't stand the wiggling in her mouth, always shook em till they 'quieted down' ...but, if I wasn't able to grab the bird, she was plan B.

Both Of Mine Are Working Hunters. Very Soft Mouthed Tho My Female Would Be A Lil More Agressive On The Capture.... She's Younger And Doesnt Have The Eeeeyor Oh I'll Get That For You Mentality.... Her Adrenal Glands Are Still In High Gear. But If She Catches 1 The Treatment From There Is Very Very Gentle. Usually If They Fly By My Male Simply Snatches Them From Midair Everso Carefully And Then Returns Them With A Resultant "plop" Of A Bewildered And Wet Quail On The Top Of Your Boot! I Cant Even Get Him To Finish Off Wounded Geese When We Are Hunting.

Back
Top Bottom