HAd quite the scare yesterday and today

djackjr

Songster
11 Years
Sep 24, 2008
Graham Wa.
Woke up at 5;00am yesterday withs severe chest pain. Wife rushed me to emergency where the kept me overnight. Ran a bunch of heart tests, luckily no heart attack... I do have spasms in my Esophogus which is causing the pain in my chest. Home now resting. Scared the ### out me....

Oh Wow!!! Glad you are O.K.! That is scary, for both you and your DW. Hopefully they gave you something for your spasms.

Lisa
smile.png

They were 90 percent positive that I had a minor Heart Attack, turns out this spasming thing with the esophogus can show a lot of the same symptoms, and Nitro can calm it down just like it can for heart attack. Now its off to my dr next week and get a upper G.I done again had one 5 years ago, I have acid reflux but this was way different pain. Oh well they told me we did the right thing and even if I get the same pain to come in right away so they can rule out the heart.....better safe then sorry.

Each heart-attack that I have had was accompanied with light-headed "dizziness", but not always with pain. The "dizziness" is dangerous! One does NOT want to "pass-out" and "pass-away".
Coughing (deep) will often keep the heart beating and may prevent "passing out".

just my 2 pesos worth,
wink.png

Junkmanme
P.S. GLAD you DIDN'T have a heart problem!

Quote:
Thats true, I also had light headed dizziness but could not tell if it was from the pain symptoms are my head cold that I have had the last three days.

Oh and to top it off my liver count was high so they would not give me any meds for my sinus headache while I was there...

I was driving across New Mexico eastbound once with the family. Stopped in Albuquerque for gas and food and before we hit Texas I felt like I was having a heart attack. Later we figured it was the Mentos I had purchased at the gas station to help keep me awake. Heart burn can sometimes feel that way and mints are big culprits.

Back
Top Bottom