had some company last night,lol.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bayouchica, Sep 4, 2008.

1. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    All you people with house chickens will LOVE this,lol. I must be losing it, [​IMG]
    I keep fans on my chickens because the mosquitos are horrible at night.I felt really bad for all of them because we had no power. I took my elderly hens,Turkens, Mama hens & babies & some of my favorite Buff Orps in my bedroom last night. [​IMG] I laid some plastic down on some furniture. If I would have had more room, all of them would have been in there. [​IMG]
    We're renovating this into our bedroom,it used to be a cookhouse... so it looks kind of rough now. It has a concrete floor in case a chicken misfired,lol.
    [​IMG]
    This is my mealworm farm.They knew what it was & some were trying to eat some of them. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They did alright, they really got the royal treatment when the power came back on late last night.I cranked up the A/C & we all had a good nights rest.

Miriam

2. Love my Critters!

Love my Critters! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Carlsbad, NM
    Too cute!
    I would have done the same thing. It's nice to know I'm not the only crazy one [​IMG]

3. Slike

Slike Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Puna, Big Island, HI
    When it gets really cold, windy, etc I bring my chickens into my room too and have them sleep on a towel next to me... I mean, I wouldn't want to be trying to sleep out in that. Mom used to give me so much flack for it when I was little, lol.
    SO glad the mosquitos aren't bad here, but they're gonna have to sleep inside all the time when I head back to Maui. I'm sure the fiance will be thrilled [​IMG]

4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

LOL, Miriam!

House chickens rule!
    Great pics.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by