Had to bring my little gals back in

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CowgirlPenny, Mar 31, 2011.

1. CowgirlPenny

CowgirlPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    South East TN
    I got three chicks at The Co-Op last Tuesday. I already had the brooder outside because my older chicks were in it before they moved to their coop. So I set them up on the porch and they have done great! I go out everyday and force each one to let me hold it but it didn't seem to be enough. They are terrified of me and run at the sight of humans. So, I brought them in back in the laundry room so that I can handle them more and they become used to us better. My older chicks (who will be 6 weeks Sunday) come running when they hear us and will find a way to make it in your lap if you crouch down,lol. I want these chicks to be the same way.

On a side note, I will never again have a small amount of chicks. How BORING are three lonely chicks? LOL My 12 last time were a hoot!

These are 11 days old now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. VioletandBodie

VioletandBodie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    port
    well with my girls when they were young they dint like me, at 6 weeks they liked me....then they didnt. when they sarted laying the loved me agian

3. CowgirlPenny

CowgirlPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    South East TN
    Our first batch, the 6 week olds have been SO social since they were probably two weeks old. So I hope I caught these in time. My older ones just love people. I only have two out of the older twelve that aren't social and that might just be a breed thing.

4. bethany83

bethany83 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2011
    Mesa, AZ
    They are SOOOO CUTE!!!! [​IMG]

5. dbounds10

dbounds10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    You have to bribe them to like you, I started giving mine meal worms at 5 days old (with some grit) and now I get mobbed every time i get near them. They peck at my fingers and climb all over my arm when I am trying to change water and food.

Bring on the treats MOM!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by