A few days ago I noticed what I thought looked like a cross beak on one of the little EE chicks we received from Murray McMurray hatchery. The top and bottom where just barely not matching up when she closed her beak. Last night we had a look at it and watched her closely, she was struggling to eat. I read a ton of info yesterday and last night and decided that for our situation, the best thing was to cull her before she began starving. This morning when I checked her it was even worse. Very sad. I decided that it was my turn, as my husband has always dispatched all of our chickens that we have for various reasons needed to cull. It was hard, but not as hard as I thought. I feel it was the most humane thing we could do for her. It has been a rough day thinking about her, but I am so glad she didn't have to suffer or starve. She was only 15 days old. RIP little EE girl. Here are pictures of just how bad the cross beak was today.