Had to Give my Quail Away...

Discussion in 'Quail' started by gamebirdboy, Sep 23, 2011.

1. gamebirdboy

gamebirdboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    As of now I only own four quail. [​IMG] A few days ago raccoons knocked the door off a cage and all of them but two were killed. I found one a few minutes ago. I've had coons and coyotes come almost every night and the neighbors don't like them at all. So I got rid of the quail and moved the chickens about a 1/5 mile down the road to a place where all of the coops are inside of a chain link fence and they have a hot wire around the bottom. Just wanted to let you guys know.

2. bantamboy93

bantamboy93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    Sorry to hear that. That's got to be an inconvenience for you. My grandfather lives way away frm his 'farm' and i just couldn't do that. Which, he lives in a 'neighborhood' and his farm is out in the country. Is there any way for you to set out traps for the varmints?

3. gamebirdboy

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    Quote:I have, but it doesn't help. There is about 100 acres of woods in the area and outside of that is a mall and some resteraunts. Then there are two apartment complexes and a subdevision. I live outside of the subdevision.

4. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Im sorry Robert I hope you are able to get some more soon [​IMG]

5. gamebirdboy

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    Quote:Thanks Brian, As soon as I thin out the predators and make cages like fort knox I'll get about 24. I needed to cut back anyway, when eggs quit selling and I had to quit working because of school I needed to get rid of them fast. This isn't exactly how I wanted to do it though. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by