had to put silkie down :(

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by mama dixie, Sep 23, 2011.

1. mama dixie

mama dixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2011
    I tried to find my last thread that was about our black silkie that seemed to have joint trouble but could not. I just wanted to thank everyone for all your help. we finaly had to put black chicken down last night. it was so bad it could not even get off its back and I just did not want to see it suffer anymore. my husbend put it down for me I just could not do it. we tried so hard to save it and it would get better and be walking then all the sudden be reallybad again. it had gotten so thin and was just so sad all the time. the whole coop is sad we think they are not smart but they know when one dies...I think they even miss it.

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    [​IMG] So sorry about your loss, and yes I think they know. One of my DH's turkies past away and I found it's buddy sitting on it trying to get it up and making an odd noise like it was crying.

3. mama dixie

mama dixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2011
    thank you for the good thoughts why is it that it is the sweet good ones that get hurt or sick the onery ones are just as tough as shoe leather.

4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    AWE I am so sorry for your loss. It is tough every time a little creature dies. [​IMG] I have felt the same way about the sweet ones. Why is it always the favorites that die young?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  5. kittycooks

kittycooks Chillin' With My Peeps

(((hugs)))
    Chickens are such dear little things. Prayers for peace to you and the flock.

6. Woodschick

Woodschick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2011
    Sorry you lost a little peep.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by